Get ready for the easiest cake of the summer – Chocolate Icebox Cake with caramel and chocolate drizzle!! OMG.
Having a summer birthday while we were growing up was ROUGH! You missed out on all the in-school celebrations. You didn’t get your locker decorated with wrapping paper and balloons. Your friends couldn’t bring you flowers to school. And half of your friends were out of town for your party. Can you tell I haven’t really recovered? Yes – these are for sure first world problems and honestly I couldn’t care less about any of them now… but back in the day they seemed like a big deal. Luckily for me, and now you guys, one of my very best friends Emily, was always there for my birthday. Her mom would make the most incredible Chocolate Icebox Cake for birthday celebrations and I would GO TO TOWN. It’s light and airy so it’s basically zero calories. I am obsessed and I’m bringing it back.
So if you need a fun cake this summer, and you don’t want to actually BAKE a cake… this one is for you! You can make it without the drizzle – but more is more. Grab your favorite caramel sauce (or salted caramel sauce) and some chocolate sauce and give it a good drizzle on top. It adds that extra pizzazz that everyone wants for their birthday!
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages Nabisco chocolate wafers (9 ounces)
- Store bought caramel sauce
- Store bought chocolate sauce
- Cocoa Powder
- In a large stand mixer, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla on high until soft peaks form.
- On a flat serving plate, spread a thin layer of whipped cream to hold the bottom layer of cookies in place. Arrange 7 cookies side by side in a circle, keeping 1 cookie in the center.
- Spread about 2/3 cup whipped cream on top of the bottom cookie layer, making a 7-inch circle. Repeat with remaining cookies and cream, making 11 or 12 layers of cookies and ending with a layer of cream (there will be a few cookies left over - you should just eat them). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and / or cocoa powder before serving.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!