Alright friends… it’s game time. Summer kicks off this weekend! Yesterday’s Memorial Day round up was one for the record books! We’re just going full steam ahead with summer and this Ratatouille Pasta is going to be a new household favorite!
Listen, I know we’ll get to a point this summer when none of us will be willing to turn on the ovens. But… we’re not there yet and this simple Ratatouille Pasta needs to have a place on your table. The roasted veg is easy to prep, easy to make and you’ll love it over a big bowl of pasta with some lemon juice, parmesan cheese and a tiny hint of red pepper flakes for kick. It’s a beautiful dish to serve alongside a big butter lettuce salad if you’re entertaining. Or just whip it up for an easy weeknight meal. It’s toddler approved as I serve this to Poppy on a frequent basis. If you’re serving this to a small child, I tend to just give the spaghetti a quick slice so it’s easier for her to grab and shove into her face 🙂
And a quick word about the roasted veg that makes the Ratatouille portion of this: feel free to double or triple the amounts and save some in the freezer. It freezes brilliantly and thaws pretty fast if you need to make dinner in a pinch. Also feel free to throw in any other vegetable that you love that handles roasting well. Eggplant is delish. Leeks are excellent. You get the idea…
Summer Ratatouille Pasta
- 1 large zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- red chili flakes to taste
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Add the first 8 ingredients to a sheet pan and toss to combine.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and roast for about 20-25 minutes until caramelized, tossing halfway through.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your spaghetti according to the package direction. Drain and set aside.
- Transfer all the roasted vegetables into a bowl with the cooked pasta. Toss to combine and add the lemon zest, juice and plenty of parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.