Summer Lobster Pasta is simple and decadent and I want it on repeat for the rest of the month.
It’s been a minute since I’ve had lobster in any form… and that’s not okay with me. I’m fixing this with a few things…. first I’ll be in Boston this weekend for the end of my book tour and there will be lobster rolls for every meal. After I get back from that, I’m hosting a Lobster roll cook off later this month. And on top of that, I’ve been wanting to develop a Summer Lobster Pasta for the blog for MONTHS so recently I wandered down to the fish market and grabbed a few lobster tails and whipped this beauty up for us.
It’s perfection if you ask me. Tons of flavor comes from the sauce which is made of garlic, shallots, red pepper flakes and burst tomatoes! Then you add in the succulent lobster meat and toss it with some pasta, herbs and lemon juice and it’s the summer pasta of your dreams!
How to Cook Lobster:
You could easily buy the pre-cooked lobster tails if you want to avoid having to cook the lobster yourself – no shame in that game!!
Or if you want / have access to whole live lobsters, here’s the deal!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a soft boil and add a few tablespoons of kosher sea salt.
- Drop the lobster tails into the water, one at a time, and set your timer for 6-8 minutes.
- Once cooked, use a paid of tongs to carefully remove the tails from the water.
- Run cold water over the cooked lobster tails right away to stop the cooking.
- Remove the shell and use as needed.
Either way you go after this, I promise it’s a Summer Lobster Pasta recipe fit for an epic dinner party!
- 4 lobster tails (8oz-10oz each), (or 1 pound cooked lobster meat)
- 1 pound pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 handfuls basil leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- Lemon zest and juice to serve
- If using whole lobsters, cook them in boiling water for 6-8 minutes until bright red. Remove from boiling water, cool completely and remove the meat from tail, claws and knuckles, and chop into large chunks.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and season generously with salt and pepper, let cook until the tomatoes start to burst. Add the white wine and cook until reduced. Add lobster meat and butter, stir to coat, and cook for 1 minute, then turn off heat.
- When pasta is al dente, drain it and add to skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and transfer to a large serving platter. Add basil, lemon zest and lemon juice and toss once more and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!