Summer Lobster Pasta is simple and decadent and I want it on repeat for the rest of these summer weeks. If you've made my turkey meatballs with angel hair pasta, or my Ratatouille Pasta, you know I love a summery twist on my favorite thing- pasta!!
It’s been a minute since I’ve had lobster in any form… and that’s not okay with me. I missed out on our annual trip to Maine so I’m fixing this with a few things…. one is this Summer Lobster Pasta. And two… lobster rolls are on repeat every time I see them on a menu!! I’ve been dreaming up this pasta for MONTHS. Is it weird that I dream in Lobster? I’m just living my best summer life.
It’s perfection if you ask me. Tons of flavor comes from the sauce which is made of garlic, shallots, red pepper flakes and burst tomatoes! Then you add in the succulent lobster meat and toss it with the most perfect Pappardelle from Delallo, herbs and lemon juice and it’s the summer pasta of your dreams!
How to Cook Lobster:
You could easily buy the pre-cooked lobster tails if you want to avoid having to cook the lobster yourself – no shame in that game!!
Or if you want / have access to whole live lobsters, here’s the deal!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a soft boil and add a few tablespoons of kosher sea salt.
- Drop the lobster tails into the water, one at a time, and set your timer for 6-8 minutes.
- Once cooked, use a pair of tongs to carefully remove the tails from the water.
- Run cold water over the cooked lobster tails right away to stop the cooking.
- Remove the shell and use as needed.
Either way you go after this, I promise it's a Summer Lobster Pasta recipe fit for an epic dinner party!
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Summer Lobster Pasta
- 4 lobster tails 8oz-10oz each, (or 1 pound cooked lobster meat)
- 1 pound pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots finely diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 handfuls basil leaves torn or roughly chopped
- 1 Lemon, zested and juice
- If using whole lobsters, cook them in boiling water for 6-8 minutes until bright red. Remove from boiling water, cool completely and remove the meat from tail, claws and knuckles, and chop into large chunks.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and season generously with salt and pepper, let cook until the tomatoes start to burst. Add the white wine and cook until reduced. Add lobster meat and butter, stir to coat, and cook for 1 minute, then turn off heat.
- When pasta is al dente, drain it and add to skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and transfer to a large serving platter. Add basil, lemon zest and lemon juice and toss once more and serve immediately.