Time to pull out all the stops guys… Labor Day is tomorrow and it’s the last official party weekend of summer. That calls for one thing…. Lobster Rolls!
Yup. My favorite decadent but simple treat is finally making an appearance here on What’s Gaby Cooking and I’m pumped. I’m OBSESSED with lobster rolls. Earlier this month when I was in Boston for my book tour, I planned my entire afternoon around finding the best Lobster Rolls. And I had 4 within the course of 3 hours – I’d say that is incredibly efficient. After I was sufficiently stuffed, I came home and whipped up my own version taking pieces from all of the ones I had sampled in Boston. No matter which way you spin it, these are a simple and decadent treat but I’m fairly certain these would win awards for a few reasons…. Ready? Let’s get into it.
One – celery. You need that extra crunch. Next – lemon juice. Needed to give it a little zip. Chives – you need a hit of freshness. Hellmann’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise Dressing is non-negotiable. It gives the lobster meat that creamy consistency plus I feel like this gives it a California spin (hello, everyone in my life has to have a CA spin) because it’s made with avocado oil. Winning for sure! Plus Hellmann’s is part of the Unilever “Make Meals that Do More” initiative that was started to inspire people to incorporate sustainability into how they think about and shop for food – a few of my favorite things and things we really all should be paying attention to! Hellman’s specifically is committed to real, quality ingredients such as 100% cage-free eggs and responsibly sourcing their oils from trusted American farms. And lastly – make sure you use really delish hot dog buns because that’s the vehicle for all this goodness!
Then all that’s left is to serve it up with a refreshing and hydrating glass of Lipton® Organic Black Tea served over ice with some lemons and call it a day!! By the way, Lipton is part of Unilever’s “Make Meals that Do More” initiative so be sure to snag some next time you’re deciding what kind of tea to buy. Their tea is sustainably sourced from Rainforest Alliance Certified estates. And the Rainforest Alliance is an independent organization that works with individuals, communities and companies to reduce environmental impacts and ensure sustainable livelihoods – so basically we’re all winning! So there you go – a recipe for the perfect Labor Day weekend party that is equal parts delicious and good for the world! Enjoy!
- 3 1- pound lobsters boiled or steamed and cooled
- 1 celery stalk super finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2-3 tablespoons Hellmann's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise Dressing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 New England–style split-top hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- Lipton Organic Black Tea served over ice with lemon
- Crack lobster shells, pick meat from tail and claws, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Mix lobster, celery, lemon juice, chives, and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise dressing in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and add more mayo, if desired.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread flat sides of buns with butter. Cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side; fill with lobster mixture and sprinkle with additional chives. Serve with iced tea and lemon slices.