Do you know the first thing I ever really mastered in the kitchen was a turkey burger? It’s true – and it was stuffed with cheese! My turkey burger skills have come a long way since then and these Guacamole Turkey Burgers with Pepper Jack Cheese are EVERYTHING!
This Guacamole Turkey Burger recipe has been gracing my kitchen for years for many reasons. 1: it's juicy AF. No dry turkey burgers allowed in this joint. 2: it's packed with flavor and 3: it's actually great to make a double batch and save some for leftover lunches!
Go ahead and give these juicy turkey burgers, topped with freshly made pico de gallo, pepper jack cheese and a healthy dose of guacamole, a whirl! What’s not to love! Seriously you need these in your regular grilling rotation this summer – they are absolutely not to be missed!
For even more burger recipes, check these out:
Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burger with Guacamole - This juicy chicken burger is not only stuffed with shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro and jalapeños, but it’s enhanced even more with the addition of guac, sour cream, and some pico. It's incredible.
50/50 Mushroom Beef Burger - It's made with 50% ground beef and 50% finely chopped mushrooms and it's truly the juiciest perfect burger of all times.
Shredded BBQ Chicken Burger - These are one of my go-to foolproof weeknight meals and they're made in a slow cooker!
Black Bean Veggie Burger - This Black Bean Veggie Burger loaded with quinoa, black beans, zucchini, onions and a few secret ingredients like pulverized tortilla chips and tons of spices! I can promise you that it won’t disappoint!
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Guacamole Turkey Burgers with Pepperjack Cheese
For the Guacamole:
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
For the Pico
- 1 ½ pounds ripe tomatoes cut into ¼- to ½-inch dice
- Kosher salt
- ½ large white onion finely diced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 to 2 jalapeño chilies finely diced (seeds and membranes removed for a milder salsa)
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice from 1 lime
For the Turkey Burger
- 1 ⅓ pounds ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ small red bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 Brioche Buns
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
For the Guacamole
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lime juice, red onion, chives, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
For the Pico
- In a large bowl combine the diced tomatoes, white onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Gently toss to combine. Taste and season with salt as needed. Add extra jalapeño if you want a bit more zip.
For the Turkey Burger
- In a bowl combine turkey, garlic, shallot, cilantro, bell pepper, jalapeno, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Divide mixture into 4 equal sections then form the mixture into equal sized patties. Drizzle the patties with vegetable oil. Place a skillet over medium high heat and cook the turkey burgers for 5 to 6 minutes on each side until no pink remains in the center. In the last minute or two of cooking, add the sliced cheese over the patties and allow the cheese to melt.