Sometimes you’ve just gotta throw caution to the wind and have a Burrata Pizza Pie for dinner. Or lunch. Or better yet… breakfast!
It’s a treat yourself kinda day today, don’t you think. It felt like a long week. Can someone throw a three day weekend my way please? I’d be ever so grateful. For some reason this week was nutty. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that I attempted a juice cleanse for 4.54345 hours and then decided that I was being majorly HANGRY and taking it out of my family and needed to cool it immediately and eat a pizza. Yup, I think that was it. If there’s ever any doubt about anything in life, pizza is generally the answer. Especially when it’s piled high with burrata cheese and fried basil. I mean, come on!! It’s pure perfection and there’s no ifs ands or buts about it.
If I had to pick one food to eat for an entire day, it would probably be burrata. Just leave me alone with it and a spoon and I’d be content. But, we’re going big today. It’s almost the weekend and pizza is deserved. Remember that homemade pizza dough I made a few weeks ago… grab some of that (or some from the store, I won’t judge) and let’s go to work. Burrata. Prosciutto. Basil. Pizza Sauce. Red Pepper Flakes. That’s it. Done.
Burrata Pizza Pie
- 1 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 3- ounce package prosciutto
- handful of fresh basil fried or torn into pieces
- red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Stretch out your pizza dough using your hands in a circular motion, then lay it on a flat surface and flatten it out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your dough is flat and ready to be heated, use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce all around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust.
- Pop your pizza peel in the oven and slide it over the stone for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, pull out the pizza and sprinkle the creamy burrata on top of the pie.
- Put your pizza back in the oven for another 3-4 minutes.
- When the cheese is just starting to melt, take it out and top with prosciutto and the fried basil, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cut into 6-8 slices and serve immediately.