Welcome to WGC pizza week! I'm so excited to bring you tons of new pizza recipes for the next few days and we're kicking it off with this Jalapeño and Pepperoni Pizza!
This beauty of a pizza pie, Jalapeño and Pepperoni Pizza, is an Adam Pearson creation from years ago and we all have him and Matt to thank for upping the pizza game here on WGC over the years. This pizza is made slightly differently in that you don't put the sauce on first. Instead you do the cheese first and it gets nice and caramelized on the dough. THEN you add the sauce, pepperoni's and plenty of jalapeños for a nice little kick. It's the perfect way to make pepperoni pizza.
A few tips and tricks we should discuss when it comes to making pizza:
- Your pizza dough needs to be at room temp before you try and roll it out. If it's too cold, it will seize up and not get big enough to really add the toppings.
- I've done every pizza here on WGC with both homemade dough and store bought dough. Both are delish but if you want to level it up, homemade is the way to go.
- Don't OVERTOP your pizza. This goes for any recipe you're making. If you add too much cheese, it will become watery. If you add too many toppings, it becomes too heavy and doesn't bake as perfectly and evenly. Just something to keep in mind.
What you’ll need:
Jalapeño and Pepperoni Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough divided in half
- 10 deli slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 20-25 small pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough into 2 thin pizza rounds.
- Transfer each pizza to an oiled baking sheet, and divide the mozzarella on top of each crust. Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cheese and top with scattered pepperoni, red pepper flakes and equal amounts of the sliced jalapeños.
- Transfer the pizzas into the oven to bake for 12-14 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and season with salt, pepper and extra red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve immediately.