Grilled pizza season is here and I’m kicking it off this season with a Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Pizza loaded with plenty of basil + fresh mozzarella because why not!
Grilled Pizza is an art. It puts almost all other pizzas to shame except for those that are made in a wood burning oven. But since wood burning ovens are NOT common, let’s master the art of grilled pizza so we can chow down on it all summer long. Grilled pizza dough is basically perfection. It gives the dough that extra punch of flavor from the grill and makes the bottom of the crust perfectly crispy!
I’ve done a grilled pizza or two before - but this year I’m upping the ante with grilled crust AND my fav stone fruit - fresh peaches. There’s some fresh mozzarella on there too. Basil because it enhances just about everything. Prosciutto to give it a salty bite. And a garlic olive oil mixture to bring it all together. Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Pizza is THE perfect summer pizza pie and I know you guys will love it!
Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Pizza
- 1 pound store bought pizza dough
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1-2 cups fresh mozzarella
- 1 peach cut into super thin wedges
- 12 thin slices prosciutto cut in half
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- Reduced Balsamic to garnish optional
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to high heat.
- Shape the dough into 2 medium pizzas while on a clean floured surface. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes and then re-form to make sure it's as big as you'd like. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured rimless baking sheet, or pizza peel.
- Brush one side of the dough with olive oil. Transfer the dough, olive oil side down, to the grill. Grill the dough for about 2 minutes with the lid closed. Drizzle the top side with olive oil. Using a pair of tongs flip the dough over onto the other side and cook for about 2 minutes more. The dough should be golden brown with grill marks on both sides.
- Once the dough is cooked, remove it from the grill and place it back onto the baking sheet or pizza peel.
- Brush more olive oil over the pizza and sprinkle with garlic. Arrange the mozzarella on top and place back onto the grill until the cheese has melted.
- Using tongs or a peel, remove the pizza from the grill and top with sliced peaches, prosciutto, and basil. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper as needed. Drizzle with reduced balsamic if desired. Slice and serve immediately.