What’s a girl to do with a bunch of fab farmers market produce? Put it all on a pizza and slap an egg on it, duh!
That’s basically my favorite way to cook. What’s in the fridge, how can I make this into a pizza. Boom. I could live off pizza and this new Pea Prosciutto Spring Pizza is right up at the top of epic pizza recipes to come out of the what’s gaby cooking kitchens! It’s screaming to be made and enjoyed with a glass of white wine while chilling on the patio!!
And here’s a tip I learned last weekend in Vegas. Right before you serve a pizza with an egg on it, break up the egg with a spoon and spread the gooey insides all over the pizza for equal egg distribution! Perfection!! And if you’re anti-egg on your pizza like my mom and dad (no judgement here) just leave it off and carry on your merry way!
- 1 recipe fresh pizza dough
- 1/3 cup Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh peas, blanched
- 1 bunch asparagus, tips only, blanched
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil, torn into pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Shape the dough into 2 medium-ish pizzas while on a clean floured surface. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes and then re-form to make sure it's as big as you'd like. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured rimless baking sheet, or pizza peel.
- Spread the basil vinaigrette over the top of each pizza. Top with the mozzarella, scatter the peas and asparagus on top of the cheese. Transfer to an oven and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the pizza and add the egg on top of each pizza and transfer them back into the oven to continue to cook until the egg white is set and the yolk still runny .
- Remove from the oven, Add the prosciutto on top and garnish with basil.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!