Spring produce is overflowing at the farmers markets right now, so that means we’re highlighting some of our fav spring produce like peas and giving you an abundance of ideas of what to cook with it. If you missed the ode to Asparagus – check it out! But today it’s all about PEAS!! They are truly one of my fav veggies of all times. English Peas, Snap Peas… we’re equal opportunity pea eaters over here! There’s everything from pasta recipes, pizzas, dinner ideas, salads and more. Get into it.
Basil Whipped Goat Cheese with Snap Peas – A creamy basil infused whipped goat cheese perfect to serve with veggies like snap peas.
Spring Pea Crostini – Layers of toasted bread, pea and mint pesto, burrata cheese and finely sliced prosciutto on top. I mean, I can’t even deal with how delicious this is!
Crudité Platter 101 – If you have an abundance of snap peas than a crudité platter is a no brainer. Mix and match various veggies with a couple dips and your snack / appetizer board is done.
Spring Pea Salad – Majorly loaded salads featuring farmers market produce are a staple for me during spring. This salad is loaded with cucumbers, avocados, radishes, spring peas, and feta.
Raw Summer Salad – This raw summer salad is the perfect way to use up all of those veggies!
Spring Pea Farro Salad – Asparagus, english peas, pea tendrils, a healthy dose of feta, and a lemon champagne vinaigrette make this is easy weeknight meal one of the best parts of spring!
Farmers Market Salad – This loaded spring salad is one for the record books! Wild arugula and fresh peas give it a big pop!
Snap Pea Pasta – This Snap Pea Pasta is the perfect quick and easy 20 minute spring recipe to make your whole family happy!!
Spring Pasta Carbonara – This spring pasta carbonara is light and bright but with that same consistency that you love when eating a carbonara! It’s the perfect dish to make for dinners for the foreseeable future as we usher in spring!
Spring Pea Pasta with Burrata – One of those recipes that you can throw together in a pinch on a weeknight. It’s really just a few ingredients you probably have on hand plus fresh mint to really make it shine.
Cheese Tortellini with Peas and Pancetta – The perfect easy comfort food!! It’s one of those meals that takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish and it’s exactly what you need at the end of a crazy day!
Spring Mac and Cheese (2 ways!) – Mac and cheese with all sorts of creamy cheesy goodness, peas, and pancetta. There’s a stovetop version and a baked mac and cheese version!
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta – A quick and easy pantry staple dinner.
Pea Prosciutto Spring Pizza – When in doubt of what to do with a bunch of fab farmers market produce, put it all on a pizza and slap an egg on it, duh!
Pesto Pea Pizza – The perfect pizza for those spring and summer months when you want to put a fun and creative spin on your weekly pizza night.
Burrata Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza – 3 of my favorite things, pizza, burrata, and spring!
Green Pizza (with Asparagus, Peas, Mint and Burrata) – This pizza is piled with all the green goodness you can get your hands on. Everything from asparagus to garlic scapes or green garlic or scallions to english peas! Then 3 kinds of cheese – fontina, mozzarella and burrata! And then it’s finished off with a variety of herbs that make this pizza truly sing!
Broiled Salmon with Spring Peas – One of the easiest and fastest ways to cook salmon + an incredible spring pea salad on top!
Crispy Chicken Thighs with Smashed Peas – These Crispy Chicken Thighs with Smashed Peas are the ultimate spring time dinner recipe!
Spicy Bacon Fried Rice – This Spicy Bacon Fried Rice is the perfect way to use up a little leftover rice and whatever veggies you have in stock!!
Peas and Pancetta with Lemon – This peas and pancetta situation couldn’t be an easier or more delicious side dish for dinner!
Spring Pea Risotto – Creamy and cheesy this rice dish can take on any flavor – today it’s lemon and peas!
Pea and Asparagus Tart – Fresh peas and fresh asparagus coupled with a custard filling and fresh lemon zest… seriously a recipe for success!
Easy Pea Recipes: Spring Pea Pasta with Burrata
- 1 pound fresh shelled spring peas
- 1 pound small tube-shaped pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 shallot sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 6- ounce ball burrata cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Small handful of pea tendrils to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the peas and boil gently until almost tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, or spider, remove the peas from the boiling water and rinse under cold water in order to cool completely.
- To the same boiling water, add the pasta and cook according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, make the pea sauce.
- Place a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, shallot and red pepper flakes and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the butter and cook for about 1 minute more. Add the peas and stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and add the mint. Taste and season adjust salt and freshly ground black pepper as needed.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the skillet with the peas. Stir together. Add the parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest tossing gently to incorporate cheese. Break the burrata up into small pieces and dot the top of the skillet with it and garnish with extra mint leaves and pea tendrils. Serve immediately.