Its bumper crop season and this Raw Summer Salad is the perfect way to use up all those veggies.
Zucchini, yellow squash, peas, fennel, goat cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and dill… plus a little salt and pepper. Okay so it’s almost a raw salad (don’t mind the goat cheese) but either way it’s the perfect summer salad. It’s exactly what the doctor ordered after my schnitzel overdose in Germany. Don’t get me wrong, I loooooooove a schnitzel as much as the next person… but after 9 days of delicious fried pork and potatoes, I need a little bit of raw veggies in my life. Plus its super hot here in LA at the moment, and turning on the oven or firing up the stove is almost too much work!
Raw Summer Salad
- 2 large zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 yellow squash think sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 ear corn removed from the cob
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Combine all the prepped vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add the cheese, dill and season with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil to taste and serve as needed.
2 large zucchini
2 yellow squash
1/2 fennel bulb
1 cup snap peas
1 ear corn
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Fresh lemon juice
Instructions Step 1 of 3: Combine all the prepped vegetables in a large bowl.
Instructions Step 2 of 3: Add the cheese, dill and season with salt and pepper.
Instructions Step 3 of 3: Add lemon juice and olive oil to taste and serve as needed.