Given the option to make a dessert, you can bet that I’m going to find a way to incorporate S’mores!! Duh! So you shouldn’t be surprised about these S’more Ice Cream Sandwiches happening today!
Labor day is just a hop, skip and a jump away and we need to go big. I’m talking a giant blow out backyard bash that’s going to be the most epic feast you’ll see all summer. We’ll get to the savory part of the menu shortly… but until then it’s all about S’more Ice Cream Sandwiches!
Here’s the deal. It’s layers of chocolate ice cream, coffee ice cream and then vanilla ice cream mixed with torched marshmallows. Once that’s all frozen together, you just slice up some squares, sandwich them between 2 graham crackers and you’re done. Doesn’t get more delicious and summery than that!
- 2 cups Chocolate Ice Cream, softened
- 2 cups Coffee Ice Cream, softened
- 2 cups Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, softened
- 2 cups large marshmallows
- 9 large Graham Crackers
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper making sure the edges come up on two sides.
- Cut the large marshmallows into pieces and using a kitchen torch, torch them until just charred. Place the softened vanilla ice cream into a large bowl and mix in the marshmallows.
- Spread the softened vanilla ice cream evenly in the lined pan and place in the freeze for 20 minutes. Remove and add the coffee layer. Freeze for 20 minutes. Remove and add the chocolate layer. Freeze overnight.
- Break the graham crackers in half so that you have 18 squares.
- Using the edges of the parchment paper, lift the ice cream on to a clean surface.
- Slice the ice cream into 9 equal squares and sandwich between two graham cracker squares.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches back in the freezer for at least 10 minutes before serving.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!