Chicken Feta Pasta is truly perfection. Here’s another one of my favorite “throw it together / empty out the fridge” meals!
This crazy easy Chicken Feta Pasta comes together in just about no time. A base of TONS of garlic, canned tomatoes, sautéed chicken and tons of feta mixed with perfectly al dente bucatini gets dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. (side note – also excellent with shrimp but that wont need as long to cook as chicken FYI)
This combo of flavors in my Chicken Feta Pasta is a true crowd pleasure and I can guarantee that it’ll be a staple in your house for years to come! Feel free to use whatever pasta you prefer. I’m just a mega fan of bucatini so I’ll jump at any chance to use it! Have at it my friends, you’ll be obsessed.
And if you need a few more crazy easy pasta recipes:
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Brown Butter Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Parm Pasta
- Mushroom Chicken Marsala Pasta
Chicken Feta Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into ¾ inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 pound long pasta bucatini is my favorite
- 8 ounces feta cheese divided
- fresh basil finely chopped, optional
- In a large pot or Dutch oven with a lid, heat the olive oil over high for 1 minute, then add the chicken. Season liberally with salt and black pepper. Cook the chicken, moving it around in the pan a little to prevent sticking, so that a nice crust will form, about 10 minutes. Flip, sprinkle with the garlic and stir to combine for 30 seconds until fragrant. After 30 seconds, add the diced tomatoes and 6 ounces of the crumbled feta and simmer.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Once al dente, add ½ cup of the pasta water into the chicken mixture and continue to let it simmer. Drain the pasta and then add to the chicken tomato mixture.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with the remaining feta cheese and fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.