Coming in hot with another quick and easy weeknight pasta dish – this time in the form of Cheesy Kale Pasta!
I’m clearly having a moment with leafy greens. Kale, spinach, arugula… I’m all over it. I currently have no less than 5 containers of greens in my fridge and I can’t get enough. I had such an aggressive amount a few weeks ago I decided to use up a few bunches and fold them into a simple pasta. The result – perfection. Really easy, really delicious and a great way to get tons of veggies into a meal plus cheese and garlic. Cheesy Kale Pasta is a recipe for success if you ask me!
- 3 large bunches kale, any type (about 1½ pounds)
- 12 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan, plus more as needed
- Maldon sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Strip the kale from ribs, then tear the leaves into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottom skillet over medium low heat. Add the kale and sauté for 8-10 minutes until wilted.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the kale and cook for about 1 minute more. Season with salt and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Once cooked, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta. Add the cooked pasta to kale mixture along with the parmesan and a splash of the pasta cooking water. Stir to combine and simmer over low heat. Adjust seasoning as needed and serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!