I've been on an oat milk kick for a while now. You'll see it in my smoothies, in my matcha lattes, in my oatmeal etc... so how about a homemade oat milk recipe so you can make it at home anytime you need a refill!
Homemade Oat Milk couldn't be easier! Similar to making a homemade nut milk at home, oat milk just takes a few pantry staple ingredients, a little bit of soaking time, and voila... done! It's great to use in any number of recipes that call for any kind of milk. Baking, fair game. Coffee and Matcha drinks, you know it. Adding it into overnight oatmeal, why not. You get the idea. Anytime a recipe calls for milk, this is a great option and it is super clean without any weird add-ins.
A few of my favorite recipes that use homemade oat milk:
- Use it in place of coconut water in this Acai Bowl
- Poppy's fav pink smoothie has this as the base
- Swap out the orange juice in this Green Machine Smoothie for oat milk
- It's the perfect base for everyones fav Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Or use it in this Banana Chia Smoothie
Homemade Oat Milk
- ½ cup Old Fashioned oats
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave (omit the honey if you're making for a baby under 1, or use the agave)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch fine sea salt
- Combine the oats, water, sweetener, vanilla, and salt in a high speed blender and blend for 30-60 seconds.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the milk into a bowl.
- Taste and adjust honey or agave or vanilla as needed. Place in a container that can be fitted with a lid and chill overnight.