Sun Dried Tomato and Kale Pasta with a white wine sauce is my new go-to pantry staple meal! It’s meant to serve 4 but Thomas and I devoured it just the 2 of us. It’s THAT GOOD!
2 weeks ago when we got home from Sun Valley there was LITERALLY no food in the fridge! None. Zip. Just the stuff in the side door of the fridge and a random bunch of kale that was leftover from the week before. We landed at 7, had to get our checked bags and didn’t make it home until 8:30pm. That is SO late for us early birds so I was HANGRY to say the least. Not having time to run to the store, I whipped up what I thought would be a half ass pasta that we’d just quickly eat before we went to bed. Turns out, this Sun Dried Tomato and Kale Pasta ended up being so freaking magical that I’ve made it 4 times in the last 2 weeks and I’m OBSESSED.
It’s a simple sun dried tomato and white wine sauce with TONS of garlic, wilted kale and some cheese. Everything pairs perfectly together! And my guess is you have everything to make it in your house right this very minute. So cheers to Monday – do yourself a favor and make this!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch tuscan kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (the kind in oil), roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Once hot, add the kale, red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper and cook until wilted.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the sun dried tomatoes, lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Add the white wine and cook until alcohol cooks off.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Stir to combine, taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water. Drain and toss with sauce, reserved water, cheese and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!