Happy Saturday guys! Coming in with 35 Summer Desserts here on What's Gaby Cooking and let's just say this: THEY ARE EPIC! These are the perfect way to cap off any night this summer! We've got crisps, cobblers, cheesecake, ice cream... the works!
Table of Contents
S’more Cheesecake Pops - This is one of those summer desserts you'll want for those hot summer days by the pool!
Chocolate Icebox Cake with Caramel Drizzle - No baking, uber delicious and perfect for summer parties.
Chocolate Icebox Cake - No cooking or baking needed! Makes the perfect birthday cake for summer birthdays!
Snickerdoodle S’mookies - 2 snickerdoodle cookies with a toasted marshmallow and some chocolate sandwiched in between. Hence… a s’mookie. S’mores but with cookies. Game over.
No Churn Blueberry Mascarpone Ice Cream - A super easy mascarpone based no-churn ice cream recipe to keep you cool all summer long!
S’more Ice Cream Sandwiches - It’s layers of chocolate ice cream, coffee ice cream, and then vanilla ice cream mixed with torched marshmallows, and sandwiched between 2 graham crackers. Summer desserts don’t get more delicious and summery than that!
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream - Some of my favorite summer flavors rolled up into an ice cream! This Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is the perfect quick and easy summertime treat.
Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches - It’s my award winning chocolate chip cookie recipe and some vanilla bean laced ice cream in between – what’s not to love?
Grilled Peaches - If you've got the grill already going you've gotta make grilled peaches. Grilling them brings out the flavor even more and you get little caramelized bits that are like little pieces of happiness. Add to that a drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of sea salt and some ice cream – nothing can compare!
Mixed Berry Peach Galette - This show stopper will be the talk of your dinner party!
Strawberry Blueberry Shortcakes - These Strawberry Blueberry Shortcakes are one of my favorite patriotic desserts. Homemade biscuits, a big dollop of freshly whipped vanilla infused chantilly cream, and macerated strawberries and blueberries is my idea of the perfect summer dessert.
Cherry Clafoutis - One of my all time fav desserts!! Add whipped cream for an extra bit of flavor!
Blueberry Skillet Cobbler with Ice Cream - It's THE BEST!! And the color from the blueberries is incredible.
Peach Blackberry Skillet Cobbler - This cobbler with blackberries, peaches, and obscene amounts of cobbler dough because it’s the best, and vanilla ice cream which I like to let melt into the cobbler.
Blackberry Peach Crisp - My fav crisp topping on a summer dessert with ice cream of course!
PIES & TARTS
Salted Key Lime Pie - If you want something sweet, salty and tart – this Salted Key Lime Pie is exactly what the doctor ordered!
Banoffee Pie Trifles - Banoffee pie is a British dessert made from bananas, cream and a thick caramel sauce but we gave it the WGC spin and made it into individual trifles! Best decisions I've ever made!
Banana Pudding Pie - Layers of thinly sliced bananas, freshly whipped cream, homemade vanilla pudding and wafers… omg it’s everything you’ve ever wanted in life and more.
Salted Chocolate Tart with Kettle Chip Crust - This Salted Chocolate Tart with Kettle Chip Crust is the MOST decadent sweet and salty treat you could ever make!
Strawberry Peach Pie - This is exactly what you need to make this summer when you have an abundance of strawberries and peaches.
Caramel Drenched Flourless Chocolate Cake - My go-to birthday cake for my summer birthday the last 5 years and counting!
S’more Butterscotch Caramel Dump Cake - Brace yourselves… S’more Butterscotch Caramel Dump Cake is coming your way and OMG it is a problem. This decadent treat is enough to satisfy ANY intense sweet tooth.
Browned Butter Thick and Chewy Crispy Rice Treats - Upping the ante with these Browned Butter Thick and Chewy Crispy Rice Treats.
Homemade Pizookie - It's very simple – cookie dough, a skillet, and some ice cream. Game time.
Chocolate Brownie Pudding - The most decadent delicious chocolatey dessert known to man… Chocolate Brownie Pudding!
Snickerdoodle S’mookies - 2 snickerdoodle cookies with a toasted marshmallow and some chocolate sandwiched in between. Hence... a s'mookie. S'mores but with cookies. Game over.
Crinkle Top Brownie Bites - They are super easy to make and only require one pot so there is minimal cleanup, which we love!! They are finished baking in about 15 minutes which means you can have these prepped and ready to eat within 20 minutes flat! I mean it doesn’t get better than that!
COOKIES BROWNIES & BARS
Caramel Brownies - I’m talking Caramel Brownies loaded with the most epic caramel swirl, plenty of chocolate chips and a brownie base that is going to change the game.
Slutty Brownies - Layers of homemade cookie dough, oreos and brownie batter make the most insane triple threat of a dessert!
Rocky Road Brownies - These Rocky Road Brownies are loaded with tons of chocolate, nuts, marshmallows and the most perfect brownie base of all times. They will satisfy any sweet tooth!!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies - What I love most about cheesecake brownies is that the swirled cheesecake layer perfectly evens out the rich decadent brownies on the bottom making it a perfectly balanced bite. Add a few sprinkles of chocolate chips and your friends will be begging you to make more!
Best Ever Brownie Recipe - The most fudgy and gooey homemade brownies. You won't need another brownie recipe after this one.
Cheesecake Cookie Bars - Layers of homemade cookie dough and cheesecake mixed together results in the most decadent (but easy) summer dessert.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel - These are the most perfect Double Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies packed with all of the chocolate and caramel.
Giant M&M Cookies - Remember those giant M&M mall cookies? They're a little crispy around the edges and still super soft in the middle and the M&M’s are perfectly spread out around the cookie.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies - Hands down, these are the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies!! They take some time to make, but trust me 100% worth it! They make roughly 3 dozen cookies so at 3 cookies per person, it feeds 12 people!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - The MOST perfect Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! Gooey and soft on the center, just slightly crispy on the edges!
Dad’s Kitchen Sink Cookies - One of my favorite parts of going home is that my dad always makes me his famous kitchen sink cookies. They are stuffed with chocolate chips, M&M’s, dried cranberries and dried apricots. Genius.
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies - These super chewy Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with that tart lemon flavor and the subtle sweetness from the white chocolate chips! They are not to be missed.
MORE SUMMER RECIPES
Summer Desserts: Salted Key Lime Pie
For the Crust
- ¾ cups crushed pretzels, and more for garnish (about 6 ounces)
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- ½ cup fresh key lime juice
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Salted Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- crushed pretzels and lime twists for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Use a food processor to pulse the pretzels into a mostly fine crumb (sand like texture), you’ll need ¾ for the crust and 2-3 tablespoons for garnish.
- Add in graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter and pulse until combined then dump into a 9 inch pie dish. Use the bottom of a drinking glass or measuring cup to press the crumb mixture evenly over the bottom and up the sides, keeping it as uniform as possible
- Bake the pie crust for 15-20 mins until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool for about 30 min while you make the filling.
- Use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment to combine the yolks and the zest, beat for 2-3 min on medium low, until light in color. Mix in condensed milk followed by lime juice and vanilla, set aside until crust is cooled
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust and pop into the oven for 17-20 mins, the filling will puff slightly and might get a very pale golden color, you want the filling to still have a little wiggle. Remove from oven, let cool for an hour. Then refrigerate about 4 hours.
- Shortly before serving make the whipped cream. Combine the cold heavy cream, pinch of salt and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, starting on low speed slowly add in the powered sugar and then crank the speed to medium high and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- When ready to serve, dollop salted whipped cream around the edges of the pie and top with pretzel crumbs and a sprinkle of flaked salt!