HOLD THE PHONE. Snickerdoodle S’mookies.
There was a moment in time when I didn’t know what a snickerdoodle was! Can you even believe that? I shouldn’t admit that publicly but it’s true. I played tennis my whole life and we would carpool to and from tennis with 6 other girls. Everyones mom took turns driving us and with the driving responsibilities also came snack duties too! One of the girls Hala, her mom would make the most epic snickerdoodles and I can remember the first time she ever brought them. I freaked. And I’ve never looked back.
Today, I’m taking that base recipe and giving it a summer twist because more is more! 2 snickerdoodle cookies with a toasted marshmallow and some chocolate sandwiches in between. Hence… a s’mookie. S’mores but with cookies. Game over.
- 8 ounces unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar plus more if needed
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the s'mookies
- Large marshmallows toasted
- THIN chocolate bars easier to melt
- Cream together the butter and 1 ½ cups sugar in a stand mixer until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Combine the remaining ¼ cup of sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Scoop out 2 tablespoons worth of dough and roll the dough into a ball and roll into the sugar. Place the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 12 per sheet, and bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are just slightly golden brown and the center is still a bit soft.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies rest for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Repeat this process for the remaining dough.
- Once the cookies are entirely chilled, take 2 cookies and on the bottom of one, add a few pieces of your favorite chocolate and a large warm toasted marshmallows. Top with the other cookie and sandwich together so the chocolate melts. Serve immediately