We’re back with another ice cream recipe (and this time no ice cream maker needed!)! Let’s make some No Churn Blueberry Mascarpone Ice Cream!
So after posting that Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream a few weeks ago, I got a handful of emails asking for a recipe that didn’t require an ice cream maker! I feel you – they take up a lot of space and you really only use them for 1 season a year. So here we go – No Churn Blueberry Mascarpone Ice Cream is coming your way and you need nothing but a loaf pan and a freezer.
The base of this ice cream is INSANE. It’s a mascarpone cheese mixture that gets mixed into some whipped heavy cream and then stirred together with a quick blueberry jam. You could do this exact same mixture with any summer fruit. Strawberries – yes. Peaches or Nectarines or Apricots – absolutely. Blackberries – incredible! Cherries – heck yes. You get the idea. All you need is that creamy base, a cooked fruit compote/jam situation and you’re sitting pretty. Serve it up on a cone or in a cup and enjoy the fruits of your labor!
A few more of my fav ice cream based recipes while we’re in the thick of summer:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- S’more Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Caramel Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes
- Peach Streusel Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
If you want an ice cream maker for any other recipes – here are a few of my favs.
- This is the king of ice cream makers and really only needed if you’re making ice cream regularly! Also available here on Amazon
- This one we’ve had for years (got it as one of our wedding gifts) and it’s amazing! You just need to keep the insert in the freezer so make sure you have room. Also available here on Amazon.
No Churn Blueberry Mascarpone Ice Cream
For the Ice Cream Base
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese, at room temp
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
For the Blueberry Jam
- 1 quart fresh blueberries, cleaned, dried and sliced in half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Put a 9x3x5 loaf pan in the freezer.
- For the blueberry jam, combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan over medium high heat and cook, stirring often until the blueberries are soft and syrupy about 10 minutes
- Remove from the heat and let it cool. Place into the refrigerator to speed this up.
- To make the mascarpone Ice cream base, combine the mascarpone cheese, condensed milk, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Whip the heavy cream with a mixer on medium high speed until firm peaks form. Fold in mascarpone mixture with the whipped cream until well blended. Pour the mixture into the chilled pan and freeze, covered until it’s almost set about 2 hours
- Remove from the freezer and swirl in the cooled blueberry jam with a spoon. Return to the freezer until solid, about 4-5 hours