If you’ve never made yourself a Fattoush before – THIS IS YOUR MOMENT. This Stone Fruit Summer Fattoush is truly what dreams are made of.
If you’ve been a long time reader here on WGC – you know I love a fattoush! A fattoush is a classic Middle Eastern Salad with greens, herbs, veggies and fried pita bread. It comes with a sumac dressing and the combo of flavors from the pita and the sumac make this salad soar. Today this Stone Fruit Summer Fattoush is getting a summer spin with perfectly ripe stone fruit. We’ve still got the toasty pita, the herbs, the greens, the veggies etc… but that extra added sweetness from the peaches, plums, nectarines or apricots make this an epic salad for summer.
I love to serve this alongside some roasted salmon, bbq chicken or just solo in a giant bowl!
Stone Fruit Summer Fattoush
For the Salad
- 1 store bought pita pocket ripped into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 2 heads baby lettuce or butter lettuce
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 persian cucumbers sliced
- 1-2 peaches sliced
- 1-2 nectarines sliced
- 1-2 plums sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
For the Sumac Dressing
- 4 teaspoons ground sumac soaked in 4 teaspoons warm water for 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 small cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the ripped pita with the olive oil and sumac and scatter in an even layer on a small baking sheet. Place into the oven and toast for 10-15 minutes until the pita is crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together the lettuce, green onions, tomatoes, cucumber, mint, and parsley.
- In another smaller bowl, add the soaked sumac, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, garlic, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Whisk to combine and season with salt as needed.
- Combine the dressing with the salad and gently toss until lightly dressed. Sprinkle the top of the salad with the toasted pita and serve immediately.
Is pomegranate molasses something sold in stores, or do you make your own?
This salad looks delicious, I will definitely make this!
sold in stores!
This just screams out ‘Summer Dinner’!!!
I love everything about this!
The perfect summer dinner to beat the heat! So good!