There’s still time to plan an epic Labor Day bash for this weekend and this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream can be the icing on the cake!
Can you believe we went an entire summer here on What’s Gaby Cooking without a new ice cream recipe? Unacceptable. I’m turning this around asap before summer escapes completely and this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe is just what we need!! Between this and my Peach Streusel Ice Cream from last year, you’ll never need another ice cream recipe ever again! I can’t even tell you how much I love cheesecake but I absolutely HATE baking it. So I’ve solved this major #firstworldproblem and we can all sleep easy knowing that it’s possible to enjoy cheesecake in the summer. Because Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream solves that, obviously!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- Waffle Cones for serving
- In a saucepan heat all ingredients over low heat. Stir frequently until it boils. Reduce for a minute or two and remove from the heat. Transfer to a shallow container, mash berries with a fork or spoon and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, heavy cream, sour cream and sugar just until smooth. Add zest, vanilla and salt. Combine, transfer to a container with a lid, or bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until very cold, 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Place the mixture in your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer´s directions.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container, add strawberry mixture, swirl a few times, cover and freeze until solid.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!