Castelvetrano Olives are a way of life here on WGC. We’ve been obsessed them for 6+ years, ever since we spent a summer in Italy back in the day. I can’t get enough. Give them to me plain, roasted, marinated… you name it! Fair game. Today we’re making Spicy Roasted Castelvetrano Olives and Feta with Oregano and Oil
Here’s the deal with these Spicy Roasted Castelvetrano Olives and Feta with Oregano and Oil. They are incredible. The perfect appetizer. You can serve them with crostini, toss them into a pasta, serve them over chicken or steak…. The world is your oyster (or olive) and you’re going to love it.
You guys know I’ve been obsessed with ordering all the Italian things from Delallo the last few years. It was clutch last year in the height of Covid and I haven’t stopped ordering since. My pantry is the definition of stocked when it comes to pasta, olives, olive oil, and condiments. Delallo has all sorts of goodies that would be great additions to your pantry but these olives are MANDATORY. So snag a few jars and lets get into these incredible Spicy Roasted Castelvetrano Olives and Feta with Oregano and Oil!
Spicy Roasted Castelvetrano Olives with Feta
- 2 cups Delallo pitted castelvetrano olives lightly crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 4-5 sprigs of oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt to taste
- 1-2 sheets of feta, broken into large pieces (about 10 ounces)
- Grilled bread for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a medium baking dish, stir together the olives, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, shallot, 3 sprigs of oregano, chili flakes and salt. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes, until the olives are hot and the garlic is tender
- Break the feta into the olive mixture. Remove the roasted charred oregano stems, Sprinkle with the remaining leaves from 2 new sprigs of oregano over the top and the lemon zest and serve warm alongside the bread
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
** This post is brought to you by Delallo. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I can not wait to try these! I already did a marinated version with everything but the feta & I used fresh Rosemary instead or Oregano! But mine were cold & i served room temp. so good!! Thanks!!
What a great way to dress up olives!!
Love the recipe! Can we use dried oregano instead? Any tips for that? Thanks!
I really want to make this for a get together we’re having but my husband is fighting me on the price of this brand of olives. Is it worth the extra money to get Delallo?
Made it last week and making it again this week. It’s so so so good. Tangy and salty and all the flavors I love.
I am fully addicted to this app. I’ve made it 3 times in the last 6 weeks and two of those times have been just for me to have as a snack for the week. It works wonderfully as a pizza topping also. I can not stop making and eating it.
Wow! This is delicious. I didn’t have fresh herbs so I used dried & it was still amazing & everyone I served it to loved it! Paired well with a gin martini 😉