Marinated Green Harissa Olives – pretty much the fastest way to my heart and another recipe I brought home from our Moroccan adventures!
So let’s get one thing outta the way up front… Marinated Green Harissa Olives were never on any menu in Morocco. But… there were olives in every meal, and plenty of recipes were seasoned with harissa sauces. In my mind, I was like, why aren’t these 2 things hanging out together? It makes so much sense.
Harissa is just really a spicy pesto sauce, and olives get even better (if that’s even possible) when marinated for a minute before eating. So naturally I had to take one for the team and create something delicious. You’re welcome!
And let’s just all take a quick moment of silence for the first 28 years of my life when I didn’t eat olives. I’m making up for lost time and I cannot get enough!
Marinated Green Harissa Olives
- 1 jar castelvetrano olives
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- water as needed
- Combine everything except the olives in a food processor and whirl for 2 minutes until smooth. Add a few teaspoons of water if you need to smooth it out. It should be a bit thinner than a pesto.
- Toss a few tablespoons of the green harissa with the olives and marinate for a few hours before serving.