Prepare yourselves. Moroccan Tomato Salad is basically the salad of your dreams. Get your knife skills ready and then get ready to eat this on the side of everything!
okay – I’m not even exaggerating one bit when I tell you that this salad made an appearance at every single meal while we were in Morocco. Lunch – yes. Dinner – duh. Sometimes even at breakfast on the side of an egg tagine. Safe to say I developed a full on addiction to this bright, fresh and colorful salad. It’s my new everything and it actually goes with EVERYTHING.
A lot of food in Morocco is quite brown and it’s all pretty much stewed, so this bright salad was the perfect way to brighten everything up. You can put it over your tagine, eat it on top of some couscous, throw a spoonful on top of some flatbread… you name it. The Moroccan Tomato Salad is the new side salad / condiment of my dreams!
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 6 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 english cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients together and keep in the fridge until ready to serve . Serve cold.
- (Can be refrigerated for 3-4 hours)
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!