Big things are happening today.
1. I’m heading out on a plane right this very minute and on my way to Africa! I’ve got a kick pit stop in DC tonight and then it’s off to another continent tomorrow morning!! So excited.
2. I’ve officially gone 5 days without driving my car in LA and it was seriously awesome. I’ve been riding my super duper snazzy beach cruiser around LA and to all of my meetings and appointments. I’ve started playing a game with myself and giving giant big smiles to anyone I pass on my bike and then watch their expressions. I’m convinced that no one in LA acknowledges each other let alone smiles to a stranger. It’s been fun freaking people out and watching their reactions.
3. And lastly, I made whipped feta for the first time in my life. Why did it take me 27 years to figure this one out? I have no idea – but thanks to Ina, I’m totally obsessed.
Whipped feta is hands down one of the easiest appetizers you’ll ever made in your life. It’s just a few ingredients that go into a food processor and then get whipped into a frenzy until they are light and fluffy and you can then spread it on some toasted crostini or slather it on a pizza in leu of pizza sauce. I whipped my feta with some lemon zest and a big garlic clove along with some really good quality olive oil. The result was light, airy, salty and goooooooood.
You should make it this weekend for a little decadent snack!
Next time you’ll hear from me I’ll be in Ethiopia!! This is my last stop of my summer tumbleweed adventure. I’ve been cruising around from one destination to the next and I’m excited to end the summer with this trip!
Hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I can’t believe summer is almost over.
Description:lightly adapted from Ina Garten
- 6 ounces good feta crumbled
- 2 ounces whipped cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Crostini to serve
- Place the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse until the cheeses are mixed. Add the olive oil, garlic clove and the lemon zest and process until completely smooth.
- To assemble the crostini, spread each slice of bread with a generous amount of whipped feta. Dust with salt and pepper as needed and add more lemon zest if desired.
6 ounces good feta
2 ounces whipped cream cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons lemon zest
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Crostini to serve
Instructions Step 1 of 2: Place the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse until the cheeses are mixed. Add the olive oil, garlic clove and the lemon zest and process until completely smooth.
Instructions Step 2 of 2: To assemble the crostini, spread each slice of bread with a generous amount of whipped feta. Dust with salt and pepper as needed and add more lemon zest if desired.