This Tomato Feta Salad is so easy to make and only requires a couple of ingredients. It’s a perfect side salad for any Mediterranean dinner or serve it up as a topping for steak, chicken or fish.
Table of Contents
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Champagne Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Feta Cheese
How to Make a Tomato Feta Salad
Tomato Feta Salad only takes a few minutes to whip up. Start by cutting the tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl. Add the onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley and toss well. Dice the feta into a ½- to ¾-inch dice, crumbling it as little as possible. Gently fold it into the salad and serve at room temperature.
Variations and Substitutions
Cherry Tomatoes - Feel free to swap cherry tomatoes for grape tomatoes or diced heirloom tomatoes.
Red Onion - If you don't have a red onion on hand you could substitute it for a minced shallot.
Champagne Vinegar - White wine vinegar also works well in this Tomato Feta Salad recipe.
Tips & Tricks
Serve Tomato Feta Salad with grilled chicken or steak for an easy dinner idea everyone will love.
What goes well with feta cheese?
Feta pairs well with fruits and vegetables like tomatoes, watermelon, and cucumbers. It's great in a chickpea salad or in an egg frittata.
How long does Greek salad with feta last in the fridge?
Store any feta salad leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Similar Feta Salad Recipes
- Cucumber Salad with Feta (watch how to make it here)
- Peach Tomato Caprese
- Herb Caprese Salad
- Tomato Feta Panzanella
Tools Used to Make This
What you’ll need:
Tomato Feta Salad
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes red or a medley
- ¾ cup red onion small-diced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- ¾ pound feta cheese
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl. Add the onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley and toss well. Dice the feta into a ½- to ¾-inch dice, crumbling it as little as possible. Gently fold it into the salad and serve at room temperature.
- Feel free to swap cherry tomatoes for grape tomatoes or diced heirloom tomatoes.
This recipe is SOOOO GOOOODDDD!!! I initially made the feta and tomato salad as per the recipe. It was FANTASTIC! Then I made the recipe and added it to some warm farfale pasta that I made. And it was FANTASTIC on my pasta as well! Yum!! Gaby's recipes NEVER disappoint!!!
I think I’m gonna make this but add some cucumber as well. Yum!!!
This is the perfect salad for all the hot summer evenings!