This Pineapple Mango Tropical Smoothie is the perfect refreshing and easy breakfast idea for toddlers and adults. When we were in Hawaii a few months ago for surprise vacation, this is the smoothie of choice for both Poppy and myself! It's mega flavorful and we've been making it at home and pretending we're on a beach!
Table of Contents
- Frozen Mango
- Frozen Pineapple
- Frozen Strawberries
- Coconut Milk
- Honey or Agave
How to Make a Tropical Smoothie
Add all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately. Couldn't be easier!
Variations and Substitutions
Frozen Fruit - If you do not have all of the frozen fruit ingredients feel free to use a mix of frozen and fresh fruit. Just note the ratios will affect how thick your smoothie will be. If you prefer a thinner smoothie add more fresh fruit than frozen fruit.
Coconut Milk - Coconut milk pairs so well with all of the other ingredients in this Pineapple Mango Tropical Smoothie; however, if you prefer to use another non-dairy milk like almond milk or oat milk you totally can.
Tips & Tricks
As with all my smoothies, the below recipe is very customizable. You can use it as is, or you can use it as a base recipe and build. I love it because I’m packing all sorts of incredible fruits into 1 drink. I occasionally add some extra add-ins (see below) and she still gobbles it up. We are obsessed. And I can guarantee you will be too!
A few other add-ins for this Pink Smoothie:
- Chia Seeds – add in some extra omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants
- Hemp Hearts – loaded with plant based protein and omegas
- Ground Flax Seeds – loaded with thiamine, which plays a key role in metabolism as well as cell function
- Bee Pollen – packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Spinach leaves or baby Kale – never a bad idea to add some more greens into a smoothie BUT it will change the color just FYI
- Spoonful of Almond or Peanut Butter for extra protein
What fruit blends well with mango?
Pineapple, bananas, and strawberries blend well with mango.
What is a mango smoothie made of?
The base of a mango smoothie is made of two components frozen fruit and a liquid. The frozen fruit can be anything from mango, bananas, pineapple, to strawberries. And and milk or non-dairy milk works best as the liquid.
- Poppy’s Pink Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowls
- Banana Blueberry Smoothies
- Breakfast Spinach Smoothie
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Pineapple Mango Tropical Smoothie
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1¾ cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave (omit the honey if you're making for a baby under 1, or use the agave)
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- Canned coconut milk or the one in a carton will work