Summer is right around the corner, and I can tell you this – after getting home from the farmers market last weekend… strawberries are out in full force. I bought 4 large cartons of them, and they were gone in a couple of days. So I thought, no better time than the present… let’s round up some of my all time Favorite Summer Strawberry Recipes! From how to make strawberry shortcake to the easiest strawberry smoothies, you’re going to love these recipes.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade – This was basically the first drink recipe I ever posted on WGC, and it’s been my most requested drink ever since. It’s a refreshing blend of homemade lemonade that gets fresh strawberries and basil pureed into the mixture.
Strawberry Jalapeno Margaritas – These sweet and spicy margaritas from our wedding are the perfect summertime cocktail.
Strawberry Thyme Lillet Spritzers – The perfect spring/summer light and refreshing cocktail.
Stone Fruit and Strawberry Sangria – It literally cannot be easier. It just requires a few minutes to pit the cherries and then another second or two to combine the sugar and the brandy.
Strawberry and Peach Rosé Sangria – This Strawberry and Peach Rosé Sangria happens to be my fav for many reasons. 1- Rosé, I’m obsessed. 2- Basil. Basil in cocktails is totally my jam. 3- Peaches. I literally cannot get enough.
Strawberry Basil Iced Tea Sparkler – It’s refreshing, festive, and adds a bit of sparkle to just about everything!
Classic Pimm’s Cup – One of England’s most iconic drinks, get ready for a refreshing cocktail that takes almost no time to make and is perfect for a hot summer day. It’s also easy to double or triple this recipe and make a big batch!
Strawberry Blueberry Shortcakes – Making strawberry shortcake is so simple, and it’s one of my favorite strawberry recipes. Homemade biscuits, a big dollop of freshly whipped vanilla infused chantilly cream, and macerated strawberries and blueberries is my idea of the perfect summer dessert.
Strawberry Peach Pie Milkshakes – There’s always one or two pieces of pie leftover from a party. And instead of eating them for breakfast, I’m turning them into a shake! A little pie, a little ice cream, and a little almond milk to give it that extra oomph of flavor, and you’re well on your way to the tastiest drink of your life.
Mini Mason Jar Cheesecakes with Strawberries – These are super easy to make and require only about a dozen mini mason jars. They are the perfect individual treat for any celebration where desserts are needed – so basically everything!
Almond Cake with Macerated Strawberries – An almond cake with sugar drenched strawberries on top! Pure brilliance if you ask me.
Strawberry Peach Pie – It’s quite possibly the best summer dessert, and once you make it, you will know why!
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream – Some of my favorite summer flavors rolled up into ice cream! This Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is the perfect quick and easy summertime treat.
STRAWBERRY RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST:
Strawberry Muffins with Streusel Topping – The easiest and most delicious summer muffin recipe which uses pantry staples you probably already have on hand. It’s one of my favorite strawberry recipes to make for breakfast.
Strawberry White Chocolate Scones – These Strawberry White Chocolate Scones are moist, dotted with chocolate, and loaded with strawberries. They make for the perfect weekend treat.
Ricotta and Strawberry Crostini – Layers of ricotta, strawberries, walnuts, and a garnish of reduced balsamic and basil leaves – it’s not only gorgeous but light and refreshing!
Poppy’s Pink Smoothie – I make it for my daughter every morning, but it’s great for adults too!
Acai Bowl Recipe with Coconut – Make your own Coconut Acai Bowl at home in 5 minutes flat! It’s the best way to start the day with tons of antioxidants and fresh strawberries!
Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowls – A combo of almond milk, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and bananas. It’s basically a whole slew of superfoods blended until it’s bright purple and gorgeous!
Breakfast Bowls // 5 Ways – The easiest and most delicious breakfast yogurt bowls.
Strawberry Blueberry Shortcakes
For the Shortcakes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Strawberries + Blueberries
- 1 pound strawberries tops removed and sliced
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 pint blueberries
For the Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Biscuits
- Combine the flour, lemon zest, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds until everything is evenly combined.
- Add the butter and pulse for 20-30 seconds until the butter is cut into small pea sized chunks.
- Combine the cream and vanilla in small bowl.
- Add the cream mixture to the food processor and combine for 30 seconds until you have a dough.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and divide it into 9 equal portions, about 3 ounces each. Form each portion of dough into a biscuit about 3/4 inch thick.
- Transfer the biscuits to a baking sheet lined with parchment and chill for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake until the biscuits are medium golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
For the Strawberries + Blueberries
- Combine the sliced strawberries and sugar in a large bowl and set aside for at least 2 hours until the strawberries are juicy.
- Before serving, toss the marinated strawberries with the blueberries
For the Cream
- Whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla bean until medium stiff peaks form and then set aside.
- Slice the biscuits in half and place the bottom half in a bowl. Top with a large spoonful of the fruit and a large dollop of the cream. Place the other half of the biscuit on top and serve immediately.