Get ready for the drink of your summer… Strawberry Basil Lemonade!
Strawberry Basil Lemonade was basically the first drink recipe I ever post on WGC and it’s been my most requested drink ever since. It’s a refreshing blend of homemade lemonade that gets fresh strawberries and basil pureed into the mixture. Depending on who’s enjoying this with me, I’ll add a bit of vodka or just leave it non-alcoholic and add a splash of sparkling water and enjoy it over some ice. Either way, it’s the best drink out there and you should probably be drinking this over the weekend. Preferably while grilling!!
So before Friday hits, grab some lemons, strawberries and a handful of fresh basil and making some cocktails or mocktails! And if you’re in need of some more summer inspired cocktails… we’ve got you covered!
- Watermelon Tequila Punch
- Fresh Peach Mojitos
- Blueberry Mint Bourbon Lemonade
- Pimms Cup
- Classic Aperol Spritz
- Strawberry Jalapeno Margs
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 10 lemons, juiced, about 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup super fine sugar
- 4 cups warm water
- 8-10 strawberries, tops removed
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup vodka optional
- Juice the lemons and transfer the juice into a large pitcher.
- Add the sugar and the water and stir to combine and dissolve the sugar. Let cool entirely.
- Add the strawberries and basil.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture for about 20 seconds just until the mixture turns pink and the basil is finely chopped. Strain out any of the basil bits if you don't want them, they'll have already infused into the drink.
- Add alcohol if desired. Serve over crushed ice and enjoy!