This Snap Pea Pasta is truly one of my most favorite spring-inspired meals I’ve made to date. It’s simple, loaded with flavor from a few key ingredients and can come together in less than 15 minutes! It’s perfect for stay at home life!
When you’re making a meal that has minimal ingredients, it’s all about layering in flavor and that starts with the base. Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is the base of this sauce. The buttery, olive oil-y base already starts things off on the right foot. Add to that some finely sliced snap peas, plenty of garlic and shallot and some red pepper flakes and you could just eat that straight out of the pan like a side dish. In fact, I’ve done that on many occasions. And we all know by now that carbs make life better, right? So I added some pasta and cheese to the mix to make it a complete meal.
LET ME LIVE MY BEST LIFE!!
This Snap Pea Pasta is truly perfect. The snap peas are lightly sautéed in Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt so they retain a bit of a bite and then doused with all the extra seasoning to really make this a meal that shines! Promise me you’ll make it! And if you have some leftover Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt (consider this your PSA of the day), you should probably use it to make banana bread! I made it the other day and omg it was so beyond delicious, I was in heaven!
Snap Pea Pasta
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more to finish (or parmesan cheese)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 10 ounces pasta
- Heat the butter with olive oil & sea salt in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the snap peas, garlic, shallot and red pepper flakes; sauté for 4-5 minutes until garlic is fragrant and the snap peas are lightly sautéed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat off and add cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the snap peas. Taste and adjust seasoning.
** This post is brought to you by Land O’Lakes (which legit makes the world’s best butter and I’m willing to put it to a butter taste test any day of the year!) All content, ideas and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**