Spring is coming, and we’re going to be highlighting some of our fav spring produce over the next few weeks; first up, the best roasted asparagus recipe! Below you’ll also find 20 of our favorite ways to cook asparagus, from roasted asparagus to baked asparagus. Trust me, you’re going to want to make each and every one of them!
This Lemon Panko Parmesan Asparagus is basically the best oven roasted asparagus dish on the face of the earth. When you pair it with a lemon toasted panko topping and then sprinkle on some parmesan cheese… I mean, come on. It’s not even fair to the other side dishes out there.
This Burrata Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza is loaded with a roasted garlic paste. There’s some melted fresh mozzarella and taleggio cheese (which will change your life), and it’s topped with asparagus prosciutto snap peas and BURRATA! It’s like prosciutto wrapped asparagus meets pizza.
What’s a girl to do with a bunch of asparagus? One of my favorite ways to cook asparagus is by putting it on a pizza, popping it into the oven, and slapping an egg on it, duh!
A super simple asparagus and gruyere tart to celebrate spring!! It’s made with store bought puff pastry, so it’ll be ready in no time!
This pizza is piled with all the green goodness you can get your hands on. Everything from asparagus to garlic scapes or green garlic or scallions to english peas! Then 3 kinds of cheese – fontina, mozzarella, and burrata! And then it’s finished off with a variety of herbs that make this pizza truly sing!
Fresh peas and fresh asparagus coupled with a custard filling and fresh lemon zest… seriously a recipe for success!
ASPARAGUS PASTA & RISOTTO:
A gnocchi recipe loaded with peas, asparagus, lemon, and cheese, it’s the perfect quick weeknight meal and comes together in less than 20 minutes.
This asparagus risotto is one of my favorite meals to make when I have about 30-40 minutes and want to put on a show. It would also be great with white asparagus if you could get your hands on it.
This blueberry and grilled asparagus salad is loaded with grilled asparagus, plump blueberries, goat cheese, fresh corn cut from the cob, and a champagne vinaigrette. This salad screams summer!
It’s the perfect summer salad with lots of grilled asparagus and slathered in my famous basil vinaigrette.
Wild arugula, artichokes, asparagus, and fresh peas give this salad a big pop!
Almost everything in this salad is thrown on the grill until it just has a slight char and smokiness that’s undeniably fantastic and then tossed together.
GRAIN SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS:
Asparagus, english peas, pea tendrils, a healthy dose of feta, and a lemon champagne vinaigrette make this is easy weeknight meal one of the best parts of spring!
When you come home from the farmer’s market with bunches of asparagus, and a boatload of basil, make this pesto, arugula, asparagus, and farro salad.
This flavorful spring couscous salad is bright and delicious.
Nothing beats this almond and parsley pesto freekeh salad with sautéed asparagus. It works as an awesome side dish for any number of main courses!
ASPARAGUS RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST:
This asparagus avocado toast will be your new go to avocado toast recipe for spring.
This Ham and Cheese Crepe situation is stuffed with shredded gruyere cheese, thin slices of prosciutto and then topped with shaved asparagus and radishes.
This breakfast salad is the perfect way to kick off the morning! It’s loaded with farmer’s market vegetables and finished with a fried egg on top.
Best Asparagus Recipe: Panko Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lay the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the Herbs de Provence on top and place into the oven. Roast for 15 minutes until just tender.
- While the asparagus is roasting, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the panko and stir for 3-4 minutes until the panko is golden brown. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the lemon juice and zest and stir and let cool.
- Once the asparagus is out of the oven, transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and sprinkle with the panko mixture. Add the 2 kinds of cheese on top and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.