Oh man friends… prepare yourselves for this Caramelized Onion Pizza with Prosciutto! It’s my new jam and you will LOVE the flavor combos!
Life is just better with caramelized onions! They amplify everything and I’ll never stop making them on a weekly basis to add to various recipes. This Caramelized Onion Pizza with Sage, Grapes and Prosciutto is the perfect end of winter pie! (I say that with a wink and a nod to LA where it’s 85 degrees today so clearly we’ve just jumped right into summer, but nevertheless, the flavor combos here are out of this world!)
And one quick note on the grapes! You might be thinking, grapes on pizza? WTF, Gaby have you lost your mind? The answer is absolutely NOT. It’s incredible. The pop of flavorful and the juice from the grapes in the perfect compliment on the Prosciutto Pizza! Have at it my friends!
If you need a reminder on how to caramelize onions – there’s a write up right here! And if you want my fav indoor pizza oven that gets up to 750 degrees to make wood fired style pizza – this is it.
Caramelized Onion Pizza with Prosciutto
- 1 pound pizza dough at room temperature
- olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella torn into pieces
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes halved
- fried sage for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Form the pizza into 2 circles. Brush the dough with a drizzle of olive oil, top with the torn mozzarella, caramelized onions, and garlic. Season the top with salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes
- Bake for 12-ish minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden. Season with more salt and pepper as needed and garnish with prosciutto, grapes and sage.
Caramelized onions are my favorite! I can’t wait to try this combo.
I need this in my life…..yum!
This was fantastic.
Has become a staple – soooo good!