Perhaps my favorite side salad of summer (along with my staple simple cucumber salad recipe)... this Avocado Peach Salad is truly perfection. Summer on a platter. The beauty of this salad is that it is the perfect side for so many different dishes such as this amazing flank steak or this beautiful salmon recipe. It is also perfectly acceptable to just eat this as a main as well! Its that good.
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
Consider this Avocado Peach Salad the WGC house salad of summer. It's my definition of perfection. Butter lettuce - perfect base. Fresh peaches and nectarines - mandatory in summer. Persian cucumbers - light and crunchy. Summer avocado - creamy and delish. Lemon Parm dressing - icing on the cake.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Butter Lettuce – little gem lettuce would also work
- Persian Cucumbers
- Red Wine Vinegar – can be subbed for champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan – pecorino would also work
- Salt & Pepper
*For a full list of ingredients and instructions please see recipe card below
How to Make Avocado Peach Salad
This Avocado Peach Salad summer salad is super easy to prep and comes together in just 5 minutes. Start by carefully trimming the butter lettuce leaves off the head. Rinse well and dry. Next, make the vinaigrette by whisking all of the ingredients together in bowl until emulsified. Then toss the full butter lettuce leaves, avocado, fruit, and snipped chives with the lemon parm shallot vinaigrette and serve on a large platter.
Tips & Tricks
Just a word to the wise - the dressing is top notch. So feel free to make a larger batch and store it in the fridge to use all week long! Just let it come to room temp before giving it a stir and using it throughout the week.
This goes with just about everything under the sun. Chicken, steak, fish, tofu, tempeh.... pasta, rice... you name it! Avocado Peach Salad is the salad of summer and if you start now, you've got plenty of time to soak it in for the next 2-3 months until peaches and nectarines are out of season. And here's a link for the fall version once you run out of stone fruit!
Hot tip - if you want to order some of the most amazing peaches to be delivered straight to your door, for this Avocado Peach Salad, this is my favorite LA company that ships!
How do you peel peaches for fruit salad?
Luckily - on my website - I will never ask you to peel peaches for this Avocado Peach Salad! But, if you want to peel a peach I would follow these steps
1: Boil a large pot of water that will fit all of your peaches
2: Blanch the peaches for about 30 seconds.
3: Place them in an ice bath to cool after the 30 second blanch and once they are cool you can easily peel the skins off.
What is a good substitute for peaches in a salad?
Nectarines would be the best substitute for this! Apricots or any other large stone fruit would work too!
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Avocado Peach Salad
- 3-4 heads butter lettuce
- 1 bunch fresh chives snipped
- 2 sliced avocados
- 4 persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced
- 2 ripe nectarines, sliced
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Carefully trim the butter lettuce leaves off the head. Rinse well and dry.
- Toss the full leaves, avocado, fruit, and snipped chives with the lemon parm shallot vinaigrette and serve on a large platter.
For the Vinaigrette
- whisk all ingredients together until emulsified.
- Feel free to make a larger batch of the dressing and store it in the fridge to use all week long! Just let it come to room temp before giving it a stir and using it throughout the week.