As promised – the Avocado Peach Summer Salad from IG live a few weeks back is officially on the website and printer-friendly! And it is truly perfection. Summer on a platter.
Consider this Avocado Peach Summer Salad the WGC house salad of summer. It’s my definition of perfection. Butter lettuce – perfect base. Fresh peaches and nectarines – mandatory in summer. Persian cucumbers – light and crunchy. Summer avocado – creamy and delish. Lemon Parm dressing – icing on the cake.
This goes with just about everything under the sun. Chicken, steak, fish, tofu, tempeh…. pasta, rice… you name it! It’s the salad of summer and if you start now, you’ve got plenty of time to soak it in for the next 2 months until peaches and nectarines are out of season. And here’s a link for the fall version once you run out of stone fruit! Ready, set, go!
And just a word to the wise – the dressing is top notch. So feel free to make a larger batch and store it in the fridge to use all week long! Just let it come to room temp before giving it a stir and using it throughout the week.
Avocado Peach Summer Salad
- 3-4 heads butter lettuce
- 1 bunch fresh chives snipped
- 2 sliced avocados
- 4 persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced
- 2 ripe nectarines, sliced
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Carefully trim the butter lettuce leaves off the head. Rinse well and dry.
- Toss the full leaves, avocado, fruit, and snipped chives with the lemon parm shallot vinaigrette and serve on a large platter.
For the Vinaigrette
- whisk all ingredients together until emulsified.