Your new favorite side dish for fall is here – Herb Roasted Baby Potatoes
Potatoes are a way of life here at What’s Gaby Cooking! I think it’s because I’m German, and I grew up eating them every which way. Roasted, fried, sautéed, baked, you name it! Today it’s a riff on my perfect roasted potatoes but these are doused with tons of fresh herbs which adds a pop of brightness and some extra flavor! They’re crispy on the outside, soft on the inside which is exactly how you want them. Serve ’em up with chicken, steak, ketchup, ranch dressing… you name it! Or use them as the base for nachos. You can’t go wrong.
Herb Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 4 pounds 1 1/2-inch-diameter baby potatoes scrubbed, cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 8-10 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs parsley, dill, and chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper and transfer to 2 sheet pans and evenly spread them out.
- Roast potatoes until tender and crispy on the edges, about 30-40 minutes, check on them and give them a toss halfway through.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add potatoes. Heat for about 2 minutes just to cook the garlic and then add herbs; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.