We’re re-living my favorite meal from childhood today! Get ready for Garlic Buttered Angel Hair with Burrata!!
It’s back to school season for a lot of you – and you know what that means… quick and easy weeknight meals that you can get on the table in a JIFFY. So… without further ado… let me tell you about my childhood love affair with Garlic Buttered Angel Hair with Burrata.
The tennis club we grew up at had an Italian night once a week. It wasn’t anything fancy. We’d literally roll in straight out of tennis practice and have a quick dinner with the fam. We’d go once or twice a month and the whole premise of the night was this:
1. Sit down; 2. Order a Shirley Temple (or a cocktail if you were of age); and 3. Go up to the pasta bar and order whatever kind of pasta you want and they’d make it for you on the spot.
MY order was this: a generous pat of butter, an aggressive amount of garlic, angel hair pasta, some lemon juice, a little sprinkling of salt, and a liberal amount of cheese. I was seven when this started and as you can tell if you’re an avid reader here, not much has changed in terms of my palate. I still LOVE butter. LIVE for that garlic. And prefer an extra large serving of cheese with all my meals.
So… now that that’s all out there, do yourself a favor and go stock up on Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter along with the rest of these ingredients and make yourself, your roommates, your family, or your neighbors this incredible meal. And if you don’t like angel hair pasta (you’re obviously a monster), I can accept that, and you should use spaghetti or bucatini or fettuccini. Whatever your heart desires. Just don’t skimp on that garlic butter sauce because OMG, it’s everything!
Garlic Buttered Angel Hair with Burrata
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 4 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 handfuls fresh basil, chopped
- olive oil to garnish
- 4-6 ounces burrata cheese
- handful of baby arugula
- Bring a large, salted pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving one cup of pasta cooking water, and return it to the pot.
- In a large skillet, add Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter and melt over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté for 60 seconds. Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. And the reserved pasta water. Stir to combine and then add the pasta and Parmesan. Stir everything together to combine and stir in half of the basil
- To serve, transfer to a dish and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Top with torn pieces of Burrata cheese and some arugula.
This post is brought to you by Land O Lakes®. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking*