What happens when your significant other wants chicken parmesan, but you're in the mood for pizza? You make a Chicken Parmesan Pizza!! Naturally!
We're back for PIZZA NIGHT! It's the most important night of the week if you ask me! And Chicken Parmesan Pizza is my current obsession. Just imagine freshly made pizza dough, piled high with fresh mozzarella, juicy tomatoes, and breaded chicken and sprinkled with a bit of oregano and then dusted with salt and pepper. Holy moly. Good luck ever getting an invite over to my house when I make this, it's basically too good to share.
Chicken Parmesan was the first recipe I ever learned to cook. I would make it on a weekly basis for my tennis team in college and twice a week when Thomas and I were dating. It was my one hit wonder and it's still a favorite to this day. I've taken those classic flavors and turned them into chicken parm meatballs, chicken and mushroom parmesan pasta and chicken parm panini's! Plus I've taken it over to the vegetarian side of things for a stacked eggplant parm number! I can't be stopped. And today it's all about a chicken parmesan pizza. You'll be into it, I promise!
Chicken Parmesan Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken breast pounded into a ½ inch thickness
- 1 cup store bought pizza sauce
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella thinly sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Fresh basil
- salt and pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees F. Place the pizza dough on a oiled baking sheet and let rest for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs together in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs and shredded parmesan cheese in another bowl and set aside.
- Dip the piece of chicken into the egg mixture until it is fully coated. Then dip it in the bread crumb mixture and make sure the bread crumbs adhere to the entire chicken breast. Place the chicken breast in a medium skillet over medium high heat with a few tablespoons of olive oil and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown Remove the chicken and let rest on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Once cool, then slice into thin strips and set aside.
- Meanwhile, roll the pizza dough out into 2 rounds. Evenly spread the pizza sauce on the dough and top with sliced chicken, cheese and tomatoes, then sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pizzas into the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble and turn golden brown. Remove the pizza from the oven, garnish with basil then slice and serve.
This was excellent! We had it for 2 nights and each night was as good as the one before. Thank you!
Not sure how I stumbled across this ... maybe it was in one of your weekly plans lately but seriously! I'd be lost without your blog and Trader Joe's - please keep doing what you're doing! Anxiously awaiting for pizza to come out of oven...and see what teenage boy thinks....
This looks great, and super easy! Any suggestions an egg substitute for coating the chicken, though? My daughter has an allergy. 🙁
a splash of milk would totally work!
Gotta agree with you Gaby! Too good to share 🙂 Love it
I am looking forward to this one!!
What a fabulous idea! I'm making this Christmas Eve! Thank you!
Pizza is one of my favorite and this recipe make me hungry and i m plan to cooking as well thanks for the wonderful post looks delicious....
anything with cheese is good to me!:D
Chicken Parmesan and pizza are my two favorite things in the world. You just completed me 😉