Chicken Parmesan was the first dish that I ever made completely by myself 11 years ago during my freshman year of college. And it has been my go-to meal ever since.
From date nights at home, dinner parties with friends, family dinners, etc… it makes an appearance on the regular and it’s the easiest thing to make a please a crowd! My love for Chicken Parmesan started many years before I learned to make it myself. One of my best friends moms would whip it up for them on a weekly basis – and after a few months, it was basically mandatory for me to get an invite! I’d eat them out of house and home when it came to Chicken Parmesan and to be quite honest… not much has changed these days!
Whip this up next time you’re making dinner and I can PROMISE you that everyone will be singing your praises for weeks to come.
- 1 large jar Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts pounded thin
- ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs beaten with 2 tablespoons water and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella thinly sliced
- freshly grated parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Pasta or Salad on the side to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place ½ of the tomato basil sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge each breast in the flour and tap off excess, then dip in the egg and let excess drip off, then dredge on both sides in the bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan and heat over high heat until almost smoking. Add 2 chicken breasts to the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the baking dish and repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. Top each breast with some of the tomato sauce, a few slices of the fresh mozzarella, salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of freshly grated parmesan. Bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with basil
- Serve alongside pasta or a side salad