Raise your hand if you are planning to brave the shopping madness this weekend? NOT ME! I’m staying put in my pajamas and tackling that Black Friday shopping from my computer and eating a few servings of this Turkey Spaghetti Bake!
It’s all about the Thanksgiving leftovers today on WGC! I think by now we’ve all got our turkey day menu down solid, but if you don’t feel free to take a look at my epic Thanksgiving Dinner Menu! It’s everything you could want and more. But once the meal is over – what do we do with all the leftover turkey? Turkey Spaghetti Bake. Duh. It’s an easy way to use up those leftovers.
Just shred the turkey from the carcass and then use some of it for this recipe. If you’re storing leftover turkey in the fridge – it will last 4 days. More than that and you’re outta luck. Unless of course you opted for the freezer – then you’ve got about 2-3 months but be sure to watch out for freezer burn. Because that just wipes away all the flavor!
Stay tuned – Friday I’m coming your way with even more leftover ideas and some MAJOR black Friday deals that cannot be missed! I mean, if there was ever a time to shell out some dough for kitchen appliances… Friday is it!
Turkey Spaghetti Bake
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups leftover shredded turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 28- ounce can crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup small fresh mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break the pasta in half and cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the turkey, cream, tomatoes, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the turkey and pasta to a baking dish and top with parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish with basil and serve as needed.