Oh man friends. This Cheesy Chicken Sausage Pasta Bake couldn’t be easier or more delicious!
Cheesy Chicken Sausage Pasta Bake is truly one of the most comforting and easy weeknight meals to put together. You know I love a recipe that only has 4 steps in the directions. Speaking my language!
Quickly bake some ziti, add it to some cooked sausage, and then make a quick tomato sauce with herbs, cream and onions… ugh it’s truly perfection. Into the oven and then it’s time for dinner. I’ve been serving it with this butter lettuce salad that compliments just about every dish in the world!
If you need some more pasta bakes – I’ve got ya covered:
- Three Cheese Pasta Bake
- Creamy Cheesy Spinach Pasta
- Italian Baked Mac and Cheese
- Turkey Spaghetti Bake
- Enchilada Pasta Bake
- Creamy Mac and Cheese
Cheesy Chicken Sausage Pasta Bake
- 1 lb medium ziti
- 1 lb sweet italian chicken sausage
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cut into bite sized pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, and set it aside.
- Remove the casings from the sausage. In a large skillet, combine the sausage, onion, and herbs over medium heat until browned, for about 10 minutes until the meat is golden brown. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds before adding the crushed tomatoes and heavy cream and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Combine cooked pasta and sausage mixture, and the shredded mozzarella and stir to combine. Place the pasta mixture in a large casserole dish. Top with the fresh mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes until bubbly. Serve immediately.