1000% fully obsessed with these Chicken Shawarma Bowls!! You’re gonna want them on the regular dinner rotation from here on out… they are THAT good!
Another bowl recipe coming your way!! This time Chicken Shawarma Bowls which are really just fun to say if you think about it! I took everything I love from a Chicken Shawarma pita and stuffed it into a bowl.
A few things – the marinade for the chicken… is everything. You might even want to use it to marinate beef or fish moving forward too. Once the chicken is cooked and sliced, it gets added to a bed of lettuce, plenty of tomatoes and cukes!! Then we’ve got the icing on the cake for these is the Tzatziki as it really just brings everything together!
If you need a side dish – these Greek Fries are where it’s at! But also don’t feel obligated to make them because that’s the beauty of a bowl… everything you need is in one place!
Chicken Shawarma Bowls
For the Chicken
- 2 lemons juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic peeled, smashed and minced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
For the Bowls
- 3 heads Romaine Lettuce Shredded
- ½ cup chopped Parsley
- 1 pint cherry Tomatoes halved
- 4 Persian Cucumbers diced
- 1 cup homemade Tzatziki
- Homemade Toasted Pita Chips
- In a large zip-top bag, combine the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano and red-pepper flakes. Add the chicken, zip the top of the bag and give it a quick shake to combine. Refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat a cast iron to medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill each chicken thigh for 4-5 minutes on each side until done. Remove and set aside to rest.
- Slice the chicken against the grain into thin strips and transfer back into the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes until just slightly crispy around the edges.
- Transfer the chicken to a large bowl and toss to combine with the parsley, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Divide the shredded lettuce amongst 4 bowls and top with a hefty portion of the chicken tomato mixture. Drizzle wtih tzatziki or serve it on the side. Also pita chips on the side.