It’s holiday party season and recently you guys asked for a winter dinner party menu which is exactly what you’re getting today!
I love having everyone over this time of year for a warm, comforting meal! There are times when I spend HOURS pouring over the menu and what I want to make – and time and time again I find myself doing this exact spread! It’s gorgeous, not terribly labor intensive and fun! And also it looks like you spent the day slaving away in the kitchen which is one of my favorite tricks to dinner party hosting!
Here’s my go-to menu!
- one of my signature cheese platters it’s the best appetizer ever because you can make it hours in advance and not worry about it once your guests arrive!
- roast acorn squash that’s loaded with burrata! Beyond easy!
- persimmon salad with cilantro and pomegranate seeds honestly one of the most incredible salads of all times
- pistachio crusted rack of lamb not complicated one bit but looks majorly impressive
- mascarpone mashed potatoes the BEST potatoes of all times
- pumpkin chocolate chip cake with a vanilla frosting a complete show stopper!
There ya go!! The cheese plate can be prepped ahead. The squash can be done ahead too!! The persimmon salad is best when tossed together right before serving, but you can prep everything earlier in the day so you’re less stressed. The lamb is EASY but you should do that close to dinner time. The potatoes can be made the morning of the dinner party – just reheat them over low heat when you’re ready for dinner and don’t add the chives until it’s time to serve! And lastly – that cake!!! It can be made the day before! So all in all, easy right? Happy Hosting!
Recipes and images first appeared on an Anthropologie collaboration from last year!
Photos by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Marian Cooper Cairns / Tabletop Props from Anthropologie / Recipes from What’s Gaby Cooking
I have always wanted to try a rack of lamb, but never have. This may be the game changer. And it is a beautiful spread!!
So gorgeous!!! And so much good food!!!
Absolutely stunning Gaby!
OMG THIS IS SO CUTE. Winter parties are just the best- so festive and lovely!
Such a gorgeous set-up!
Hello Darling!!! SO i can’t find the printable menus?? I can’t seem to find them at all….. I thought or maybe i was wrong, so is it a fill in the blanks and we print them out?? because you said they were very pretty to print out for our guest?? or did i miss understood you???
Please share where table runner is from!! It’s stunning!