Take it from me, a self proclaimed salsa snob, this is the best homemade tomatillo salsa that will ever grace your kitchen!
I take my salsa eating very seriously. There's no messing around when it comes to the worlds best condiment. There's no point in wasting calories on tortilla chips unless they are accompanied by a life altering bowl of salsa. This tomatillo salsa is exactly that! Roasted tomatillos, onions, jalapeños, cilantro - you honestly can't go wrong!! Hand me this, a giant bowl of guacamole, perhaps a bucket or two of fresh tortilla chips and I could die happy!
Recipe for Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 pound tomatillos husked and rinsed and halved
- ½ small yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 green jalapeño stemmed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly fried Tortilla Chips
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange the halved tomatillos on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast until soft and charred, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Transfer the tomatillos into a blender or food processor with the onion, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with more cilantro, lime juice, or salt according to preference. Serve with tortilla chips.