National Pizza Month is continuing this week with an Arugula Fig Pizza topped with a balsamic glaze.
You guys, lets make a pact right this second to eat as many figs as humanly possible before they go away for the season. Ready? Game time. If you’re in, this Arugula Fig Pizza can be at the top of your to-do list! Freshly baked Delallo pizza crust is topped with fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, arugula, figs, salt, pepper and a drizzle of balsamic glaze which is a little sweet treat that ties everything together! It makes for the perfect main course – or you can slice it up into extra small bites as an appetizer. Either way – EASY!!
If you haven’t already checked out the new Delallo Pizza Kit, you should probs do that right about now because it’s changing my life. Just use the kit, add some water and you’re basically ready to roll! I’ve got you covered when it comes to toppings 🙂 Let’s make some pizza pie!
Pizza with Figs, Prosciutto and Arugula
- 1 Delallo Italian Pizza Dough Kit
- olive oil for drizzling
- 2 large balls of fresh mozzarella torn
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 8 slices prosciutto de parma
- 6 small figs cut into quarters or halves
- Aged balsamic for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Follow the directions on the Delallo Italian Pizza Dough kit to make the dough. Once the dough is ready, divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be cooked, drizzle the top of each with olive oil.
- Tear the mozzarella into pieces and top each pizza with equal amounts of the mozzarella and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with the arugula, prosciutto and figs. Drizzle with the aged balsamic and season with salt and pepper.