What do you get when you combine 2 of my favorite foods in the entire world? It’s Guacamole Salsa, or Guacalsa, or Salsamole. Whatever it is, it’s freaking delicious! And what makes it even better are these McCormick Spice dusted freshly fried tortilla chips that are guaranteed to blow all other chips out of the water!
Imagine your favorite ingredients from guacamole (hello, avocados!) combined with the best of the best from a simple pico de gallo, all tossed together and seasoned to perfection. Guacamole Salsa is legit, new, exciting and it’s here to stay!
As part of my partnership with McCormick this year, I had an opportunity to test drive their new Flavor Print.
Back when I was a kid, I was obsessed with taking personality quizzes. Oh, who am I kidding, I’m still obsessed. Buzzfeed sucks me in for hours on end! FlavorPrint walks you through some fun food related questions and at the end you wind up with a custom flavor profile shedding light into what kind of flavors you tend to gravitate towards. It’s hands down the most helpful quiz I’ve taken in recent months, although it’s possible that one day I’ll need to know what house I would live in should I stumble into the Harry Potter world. (Gryffindor, obviously) Hop on over to FlavorPrint to get your own personal flavor profile!
My results were pretty spot on with the flavors we tend to see her on What’s Gaby Cooking! Once you get your results, FlavorPrint matches you up with a ton of great McCormick recipe ideas… one of which being this Guacamole Salsa! I put my own spin on it, as that’s how I roll, and voila! Throw this on the menu for your upcoming weekend plans and happy Friday!
- Vegetable Oil
- 5-6 Small Corn Tortillas
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Hot Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut the tortillas into 6 triangles each.
- Add the vegetable oil to a heavy bottom pan over high heat, about ½ inch deep. Once the oil is shimmering, add a few of the tortilla triangles at a time and fry for about 1 minute on each side until they are crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine the salt, McCormick Garlic Powder and McCormick Hot Paprika in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove the chips from the oil and transfer to a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt mixture and let cool to room temperature.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh onto a cutting board. Cut the avocado into [1/4] inch pieces and transfer the avocado to the bowl.
- Add the diced tomato, red onion, red pepper flakes and lime juice. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!