Pasta salads are the name of the game this summer – I’m calling it now! It’s the year of the pasta salad. And this Sesame Noodle Salad is beyond!
Who knows if it will really be a summer of pasta salads. But I have carbs on the brain. Remember that Asian Chicken Slaw we made a while back? Welp, I’ve turned it into a Sesame Noodle Salad to compliment my Bo Ssam Dinner party because when you’re cooking for a crowd you need plenty of side dish options! And who doesn’t love a pasta salad!
This one feeds a LOT of people – which is exactly as I intended it – because if you are lucky enough to have any leftovers that means you have lunch the following day. And you could even throw in some rotisserie chicken for some protein if that’s your thing! So whip it up a few times. And promise me one of those times will be for the Bo Ssam party.
I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
Sesame Noodle Salad
For the dressing
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
For the Salad
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 head Red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 6 green onions thinly cut on the bias
- 3 persian cucumbers halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pea pods halved
- fresh basil
- fresh cilantro
- 1 lb linguini cooked according to package directions and cooled to room temp
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, sliced bell peppers. carrot and green onion and toss together. Add in a handful of sliced basil and fresh cilantro along with the cooked pasta.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the vegetables and pasta and toss to combine. Season with extra soy sauce if needed and serve immediately.