I’ve cracked the code on chicken skewers for this summer and you’re going to want to get on board! Say hello to these Grilled Korean Chicken Skewers!
Where to even begin?! Summer kicks off in a matter of weeks and we need to be PREPARED! That means we need recipes lined up – I’ve obviously got you covered! We need to clean off our grills or go get a new grill – perfect activity to do this weekend! We need to stock up on grilling accessories – easy peasy. And then we need to get to work!
If you’ve been following along on my insta, you can bet that come early June we will be moving IG-live outside to the grill… and I couldn’t be more excited! A lot of people have asked over the years what kind of grill we love… and the answer changes depending on where we are living but one thing always remains constant… it’s always a Weber. We’ve had many Webers over the years, from the original charcoal grill at our old place to the latest and greatest addition to the WGC family, the Summit E670.
We are OBSESSED.
It’s not only gorgeous, looks perfect in the backyard, but it’s so easy to use! Heck even my dad has a Weber… it’s what I’ve been raised on and it’s the best for those perfect grill marks and extra flavors from the flames.
Recently I fired mine up for these Grilled Korean Chicken Skewers and after testing them a number of times, one of my friends told me that it was the best BBQ recipe she’s ever had. And she’s a smart cookie, culinary school trained professional who knows whats up! So that’s a win in my book! These are a little sweet, a little spicy (just a tiny zip) and so succulent and moist…. omg. I’m into them! They are the perfect recipe to double or triple and serve to a crowd this summer! Don’t skimp on the scallions and lime juice as garnish, they give it even more flavor and balance out the subtle heat from the samba! HAVE AT IT – Grilled Korean Chicken Skewers!! And if you’re grill shopping this weekend and have questions… I’m just a quick DM away on Instagram!
Grilled Korean Chicken Skewers
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sambal oelek
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- Sliced scallions for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Turn the Weber grill to medium-high heat.
- Whisk brown sugar, vinegar, sambal, soy sauce, Sriracha, ginger and garlic in a large bowl. Once combined, divide equally into two bowls. Add chicken to one of the bowls and toss to coat. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Remove chicken and thread 4 or 5 pieces onto each skewer.
- Transfer the other bowl of the marinade (without the chicken) to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by half, roughly 7–10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to the grill, turning and basting often with reduced marinade, until cooked through, 8–10 minutes. Remove skewers and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the scallions and serve with lime wedges.