Anytime before I leave on a big trip we do a MASSIVE refrigerator clean out. I make do with whatever I have on hand and we eat our way through the fridge and don’t let anything go to waste. These Leftover Asian Chicken Wraps were my latest kitchen clean out invention and I’m obsessed.
Eeeeeeek! We are officially on our way home from Africa. South Africa – check. Botswana – check. Zimbabwe – check. Zambia – check. A few hours ago we hopped a flight back to the states and I’m not sure I’m ready to come home. That said – I miss cooking and can’t wait to get back into the kitchen! Before we left LA we cleared out the fridge so I’m coming home to absolutely NOTHING in the house. But I whipped up one last recipe before jetting away using some leftover chicken and all the veggies in my veggie drawer and today it’s front and center on WGC.
Raise your hand if you buy rotisserie chicken from the store?!? I grab one on a weekly basis, shred it up once I get home and then leave it in the fridge and I’m able to turn it into a bajillion different recipes, and I’m always trying to reinvent it into something new! Case in point – these Leftover Asian Chicken Wraps!! I took my leftover chicken, literally every single veggie in the fridge and tossed it all together with a quick and easy pantry sauce and stuffed it into some Flatout FoldIts. It was the most glorious dinner of all times and took almost no time to make. Just a few minutes of knife work and dinner was ready. It’s perfect for next time you’re cleaning hour and need dinner in less then 15.
Feel free to get creative with this recipe. Any veggies are appropriate. And you can use any of the varieties of the Flatout FoldIts available! And bonus – the base of this recipe can be made and stores in the fridge. Then when you’re ready to eat, just grab a cup or two and stuff it into a Flatout FoldIt and call it a day!!
Leftover Asian Chicken Wraps
- 4 Flatout FoldIts warmed or toasted in the oven
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
For the filling
- 1/4 head Napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 head Red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 6 green onions thinly cut on the bias
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- fresh basil thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro
- 2 cups leftover shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic and ginger until smooth.
- Combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, sliced bell peppers. carrot and green onion and toss together. Add in a handful of avocado, sliced basil and fresh cilantro along with the shredded chicken.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the vegetables and chicken and toss to combine. Taste and add more soy sauce if you want a saltier finish. Stuff 1 cup of the mixture into a Fold It wrap and garnish with peanuts. Serve immediately.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
Those are some beautiful wraps…love all those fresh veggies!
Love all the veggies and I always have rotisserie chicken on hand. Do you think leftovers would keep well for lunch the next day?
I sure do!
I’m so happy you are home!!!!! These look awesome- I just love that Asian Chicken Salad!
I am so making this tonight!
Just made these for lunch. The dressing is so good! I am on weight watchers and this was a real treat and so friendly to my daily points. Thanks for another good recipe.
PS Hoping to stop by your PA at Willams Sonoma Beverly Hills this Saturday.