Here's the deal with this Asian Chicken Slaw... It's incredible.
Epic. So good you'll want to lick the bottom of the bowl just to make sure that every last bit of goodness has been consumed and none is left to waste. And you can make it vegetarian style or with chicken.
Are you looking for a unique, flavorful dinner to make at home? With Asian Chicken Slaw, you can easily transform ordinary ingredients into a delicious and nutritious meal! Packed full of crunchy cabbage, chicken breast, colorful vegetables, and fragrant flavors like garlic and ginger, this dish brings together the best of Asian cuisine in an easy-to-prepare slaw. Perfect for busy weeknights or special occasions like holidays – it's sure to be your new favorite family dinner!
This Asian Chicken Slaw is colorful, packed with flavor and it's been making an appearance the past few weeks. I can't be stopped. The crunch from all the veggies, the sauce, the avocado on top, the optional chicken... it's a recipe for success! And it's one that can be prepped ahead and used for lunches for the following few days.
I like for a crunchy slaw style salad with a vinaigrette. It's one of my favorite ways to stuff my face for lunch and dinner without feeling weighed down afterwards. For this Asian Chicken Slaw we're using a duo of cabbage, tons of peppers, carrots and some scallions. Avocado goes on top, but if you're prepping this ahead of time, just add the avocado right before serving.
The sauce is one of my favorites that also lends itself beautifully to chicken, salmon, beef or roasted veggies! And speaking of prepping ahead, this sauce can be made on a weekend and used all week long. If you want more veggie crunchy salads like this - might I suggest my Mango Cucumber Chopped Salad - equally as perfect!
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Asian Chicken Slaw
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ head Napa cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ head Red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 6 green onions thinly cut on the bias
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- fresh basil thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro
- 1-2 cups shredded chicken breast optional
- Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, peanut butter and garlic until smooth.
- Combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, sliced bell peppers. carrot and green onion and toss together. Add in a handful of avocado, sliced basil and fresh cilantro along with the shredded chicken.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the vegetables and chicken and toss to combine. Season with extra soy sauce if needed and serve immediately.