Looking for a fun and easy side dish to serve up at your next dinner party? Look no further than these Crispy Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts! They’re simple to make and so delicious that everyone is sure to love them. Plus, they’re a great way to get your veggies in for the day. So why not give them a try tonight?
I am a huge Brussels Sprouts fan. HUGE. I literally jump at the chance to order or makes these delicious little Roasted Brussels Sprouts all the time.
A few years we spent Thanksgiving in Chicago with a bunch of my extended family. I announced that I was going to be make Roasted Brussels Sprouts for one of the many side dishes and my Uncle had a small freak out. At first I was obviously offended and then came to terms with the fact that most people probably haven’t ever had life changing Brussels Sprouts. (And that’s because they haven’t ever eaten mine)
So off I went to the store and bought a few bags of Brussels to make for dinner. You see, there is never such thing as too many Brussels Sprouts in my house, because given the the chance, I would most definitely eat all of them. Preferably straight off the roasted pan. With a squeeze of lemon. And a pinch of salt. omg I’m drooling. But usually I have to share, so I buy extra!
Well, it’s safe to say that said Uncle is now a total Roasted Brussels Sprouts convert. He fought be over the last spoonful at the dinner table which ultimately means my job there was complete.
Here’s my step by step guide on how to make the perfect Crispy Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts…
First you’re going to cut off the bottoms of each one, and then cut them in half. They all get piled onto a baking sheet with a quick drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Give them a good shake so they are all evenly coated and then spread them into one layer on the baking sheet.
Throw them into a 450 degree oven and let them start working their magic.
About 15 minutes into the roasting process, take the baking sheet out and give the Brussels a little shake or move them around with a wooden spoon. We just want to make sure that all the sides are getting nice and golden brown. Throw them back into the oven and pour yourself a glass of wine or something of the sorts and take a little break.
15 minutes later (that’s 30 minutes so far of roasting time) take the baking sheet out again and give them another mix around with the spoon. Squeeze the juice of an entire lemon on top of the Brussels and then chop up the lemon and throw it on top. Back into the oven they go for about 10 more minutes. (Notice all the beautiful brown bits that are starting to pop up)
After about 40 minutes of roasting time your Brussels should look like this. Nice and brown and crispy! Give them a quick taste to see if you need a little bit more lemon juice… if you think so, go ahead and squeeze a little more on top. Season with a few pinches of kosher salt and pepper and then serve.
I promise these Crispy Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts are going to be a huge hit! Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go back an entire double batch of these and eat them all in one sitting. If you prefer a stove-top situation – these are equally as fantastic!
If you loved this crispy roasted brussels sprouts recipe then check out these similar dishes:
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Persimmons
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Garlic Brussels Sprouts Pasta
- Balsamic Cream Brussels Sprouts Pasta
- Cacio e Pepe with Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic and Pomegranate Seed Salad
Now that you know the secret to making crispy roasted brussels sprouts, there’s no excuse not to make them immediately. Seriously, what are you waiting for? Go preheat your oven and get started on this delicious dish. You’ll be blown away by how good they are.
What you’ll need:
Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 lemons
- more salt and pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut off the bottom ends of the Brussels Sprouts and discard. Cut the remaining part in half and place into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and give it a good mix. Spread this mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 40 minutes. Remove the baking sheet every 15 minutes while roasting and give the Brussels Sprouts a good toss to make sure they are evenly roasting and browning. 10 minutes before they are done, squeeze an entire lemon on top of the vegetables and then cut the lemon up and throw it onto the baking sheet and place back into the oven to finish roasted.
- Once the edges are crisp and brown, remove the baking sheet from the oven, squeeze the lemons and sprinkle the juice on the sprouts and discard the peels. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve immediately.