Banana Cream Pie Parfaits. I mean, really what more could you ask for in life? They are the most perfect cups filled with the most delicious ingredients all piled up with a dollop on top!
These Banana Cream Pie Parfaits are my everything. They are perfect for picnics, pool parties, any kind of spring celebration, BBQs, graduation parties—the list goes on. I mean, hello spring is here and summer is coming! They are also 100% customizable and versatile for breakfast and snack time, just saying. And, they also lend themselves to being made ahead of time, so you can spend more time with your guests whenever you whip these up. Just make it all a day before and assemble everything the morning of!
Layers of pudding made with almond milk, freshly whipped cream, crumbled wafers that have a bit of butter to give it some decadence, because why not… and some bananas because it’s all about balance after all. Basically all of life’s problems can be solved with these and I’m giving you permission to make them all day, every day, for the rest of summer!
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups Almond Milk (I like the unsweetened vanilla kind but you can use any nut or regular milk if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- Place the vanilla wafers and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to break the wafers up and then process for 1-2 minutes until the crackers are the same consistency as the sugar. Add the melted butter and pulse to combine so the crackers look just damp. Remove the mixture from the food processor and transfer to a baking sheet. Heat the oven to 375° F.
- Bake the crumbles for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Bring almond milk and cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Meanwhile, whisk sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg yolk to the sugar mixture and whisk until smooth but very thick. While whisking constantly, gradually add the warm almond milk mixture to yolk mixture. Once the 2 mixtures are fully combined, return everything back to the saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until thick, about 2–3 minutes. Add the butter and vanilla and stir until the butter has melted.
- Transfer everything to a medium bowl; press plastic wrap directly onto surface of pastry cream. Chill until set.
- Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat heavy cream and powdered sugar until medium-stiff peaks form. Cover and chill. ** If you’re in a pinch for time, grab a tub of Cool Whip. It makes for the most gorgeous dollop EVER! **
- Arrange 8 small glasses on a clean surface. Layer in the pudding, whipped cream, sliced bananas and crumbled wafer mixture. Serve with a dollop extra whipped cream.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!